What's cheaper than QUEST Capital for buying your Series7?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by momotrdr, Jun 7, 2002.

1. ddlee

ddlee

"The other cheaper sponsership places I heard of. . . .

I didnt get a name, I took a week long cram study class for the 7 and someone was saying they only spent like 500.00. I think they were still under some obligation though after passing. I dont know of anyone else quite like quest, it was a little tough getting the u-4 in order with my test though, if you go thru them allow alot of time to get all the sh_t together.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>"By getting the seven on my own I have two prop co.s that I am actively interviewing with."<<

Not sure where you are located. However, here in San Francisco I've talked to ALL the Prop shoppes. Interviewed at most of them. NONE of them required me to have the Series 7, prior to or in order for me to be interviewed or for that matter hired. ALL of them were quite willing to bring me on and sponsor me for the Series 7, 55, 63. .etc..

In florida, yes its the same here, I am more marketable with my 7 on my own and my personal trading history, I want to prop trade for a while but Im not going in with 10 or 25k, I figured id get the 7 on my own, I figured it would (and has) made me more marketable, cause even if a prop firm sponsers you, I believe you end up paying one way or another. As I check out more and more of the firms (few good ones) I seem more credible with my 7 and trade history for little or no money down. There is no way I would go in with 10k. I have my 7, I would just trade from home with 10:1. I blew up with options a while back so I need to prop for little or nothing down.

Hey to the others thanks for the 55 info. I wont take it lightly

"trade what you see, not what you think"

#31     Jun 11, 2002
  2. Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that this was possible without affiliation with a prop shop.

Elvis

#32     Jun 11, 2002
  3. ddlee

ddlee

I had a nice sit down at generic in south florida. I was amazed to. If I had 10k right this minute I would trade at home with 100k buying power.

I blew up with options but I was a good 70% trader, slippage, 3 dollar spread to f_ckin trade QCOM (RMBS to) in its day. The stock was to expensive to buy so I had to do options. Stock might move 2 or 3 points and stall. My option wouldnt even be at the bid yet. Anyway some very expensive self-taught lessons for sure.

#33     Jun 11, 2002
  4. ddlee , where'd you get the silly idea that only a "pro" can short under $5. Is that some pr hype the "pro" shop dishes out?

It's bogus.

#34     Jun 12, 2002
  5. qazmax

qazmax

$5 stocks are not marginable under SEC standards.

All shorts must be don ein a margin account... ie most people cannot short under $5 stocks.

At least this is how I understand it...

:)

#35     Jun 13, 2002
  6. Someone was saying in a thread around here that IB will extend 10/1 margin to professionals with a series7. I don't know... I'll be checking into that.

Elvis

#36     Jun 16, 2002
  7. Quoting myself here...
    Follow-up: I checked by email and no, they won't. Only thing different, the person answering said, are the data fees.

Elvis

#37     Jun 17, 2002