What's cheaper than QUEST Capital for buying your Series7?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by momotrdr, Jun 7, 2002.

1. This is a very interesting post. Are you saying you have these advantages eventhough you are not affilated with any firm?
    Where are you executing your trades?

#11     Jun 10, 2002
  2. ddlee

ddlee

Generic trading thru carlin if at home

#12     Jun 10, 2002
  3. Are you able to do this even if you are not affilated with or have a capital deposit in the firm or LLC?

Thanks

#13     Jun 10, 2002
  4. ddlee

ddlee

Are you able to do this even if you are not affilated with or have a capital deposit in the firm or LLC?

yes, drop them a e-mail if you want the EXACT particulars

#14     Jun 10, 2002
  5. Read Professional firm thread and maybe my article. There are many firms that allow 10-1 with a Series 7.

Http://www.daytradersusa.com/tharp.html

Robert

#15     Jun 10, 2002
  6. ddlee

ddlee

RTHARP

You can have a expired 7, with no other lisences and still get 10:1 thru generic (carlin) at home. As far as that goes I dont know of anyone else, but what you say is absolutely true.

#16     Jun 10, 2002
  7. Apply for a job at a brokerage firm and ask about series 7 sponsership. Many firms will sponser you for free. You of course, need to be working for them though, since to do otherwise, as was already pointed out, is an NASD violation. Typically, most places will let you sit for the exam in about 6 months, although a few firms might let you take it right away, it depends on the firm.

rough market conditions though, are making many firms lay off more than hire. Good luck in your search.

#17     Jun 10, 2002
  8. I'm about 99% sure there is no NASD violation for a broker dealer to sponsor an individual for the series 7 if that individual is not an employee. A lot of people are under the assumption that it is. There is, as I understand, an NYSE restriction though requiring about four months of employment prior to setting for the series 7. For this reason NYSE member firms are unable to sponsor non employees, but an NASD member broker dealer that is not an NYSE member can. This would normally be the smaller introducing firms (firms clearing their trades through a clearing firm).

Good Luck

#18     Jun 10, 2002
  9. ddlee

ddlee

Going thru Quest is not a NASD violation of any kind. I just can leave whenever I want. They offer different packages for different people. I choose the one that is best for me, which is bringing in zero business for them and not under any time frame to them. It was the best fit for me as I didnt want to be "OWNED" by the typical brokerage for their sponsership.

#19     Jun 10, 2002
  10. I wasn't implying that it was, just saying you need to be employed by the firm. Regardless of who sponsers you, of course you can quit immediately after passing if you want, and many people do. They may then charge you for the exam though. I am speaking in general, as I don't know specifically about Quest.

#20     Jun 10, 2002