Whats better the palm treo 650 or Rimm 8700r or it depends on the system its on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mahram, Mar 15, 2006.

1. I was thinking about upgrading to either the new palm or rimm device. And adding on quotrek to it. Has anybody used the new rimm or palm devices yet. Are they still buggy or is it pretty good. Or does it still depend on what carrier you use. Im on rogers wireless.

2. I posted a similar thread under chit chat.
    I can say that I have been disappointed with my new palm TX to the point that I would glady give it back to them if they'd refund my $600.
    It is very buggy. So many people have trouble with wireless connections and it corrupting other software that I didn't even bother to set it up. I have had other troubles though with applications like Rhapsody, Itunes, and office documents. It's bad enough that I spend much more time trying to fix my TX then I do enjoying it.
    Little to no improvement has been made on the basic applications like: task, memo, expense, calendar, etc. And given the amount of problems that plague the more advanced applications (the ones that command the steep asking price) I don't think it's worth the investment.
    That is however the experience of only me. I'm a little disappointed that more of a thread didn't develop so that a more well rounded view could be used as a basis for rating this product and others like it.

3. JetFuel

JetFuel

I have owned the Treo 650 for over a year and can say without question that it is the weakest phone I have ever owned... constantly freezes - requiring removal of the battery to reboot. I know many people with the same problem.

Go with the rim without question.