Whats all the risk for?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Nybegynner, Jun 9, 2006.

#11     Jun 11, 2006
  2. More preference than anything else. Both work fine used in combination with MACD and Bollinger Bands.

I just wouldn't used Williams %R and Stochastics giving them the same weight.

Meaning if Bollanger Bands Say Oversold, Macd says oversold, and Williams %R Says oversold, you have three good indicators saying oversold. Adding Stochastics would be redundant to Williams %R. So would adding RSI.

#12     Jun 11, 2006
  3. TheFinn

TheFinn

That's about what I figured. Most people use stochastics, which is why I asked. I have not heard of too many people using Williams %R. Your method is about the same method I trade with.

#13     Jun 11, 2006
  4. klinkz

klinkz

Hi,

I would recommend you to try FXlite.com the spread is good 2 or 3 pips and the platform is excellent + you can programm your own indicator. staring account is 500 $. I was with Interactivebrokers before, the univeral account is a great concept, HOWEVER there platform TWS su*ks (well.... don't get me started...) and plus the inital margin is horrible on IDEALPRO a leverage of 50:1. I can figure out why so much traders use IB maybe someone can explain it ???

#14     Jun 22, 2006
  5. I guess you meant to say you "can't" figure out?

Well, it's because IB is a real broker who gives you access to an ECN where your order will be represented. There's no artificial fixed spread, you can immediately tighten the spread to 0.5 pips if you enter the appropriate order. That's why so many traders use it.

#15     Jun 23, 2006
  6. camen

camen

Who or what is IB? I hope it is not "Interbank" that is being discussed! I had a demo wiht them and saw the spreads go from their advertised price of 2 pips tp 9 pips in an active trading session. So, who is IB because I am confused?

#16     Jun 23, 2006
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Interacvtive Brokers

#17     Jun 23, 2006
  8. NAV

ummm...not exaggley...it takes the net profit or loss or change in the value of your positions and adds it to your cash balance...

when you take on a position the money is not taken from your balance until you exit...

soo... you make interest on all of your cash and then you pay or make interest on your aggregate leveraged value of open trades also...this is added to your account daily no matter if your upside down on paper...(some dealers calculate interest second by second and add or subtract it at exit too if you do not hold past 5:00 pm est)

Take the value of the positions you have and adds it to how much cash you have in your account.

#18     Sep 30, 2006