What's a hedge fund structure worth to you?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Clayart, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Clayart

Clayart

If someone was to build the structure for you from scratch under your ownership, including the LLC's and LP's, PPM documents, marketing materials, Tax ID's, website, compliance filling, regulators and brokerages accounts. Along with that exploring and fulfilling all the legal obligations and getting all the service providers like the administrator, auditor, accountant and other service providers needed to operate the fund.

How much value would you place on it if someone was providing a turnkey solution? As opposed to you going out there and getting all these service from different service providers.

Thanks for your input. Appreciate it.

YuriWerewolf, stochastix and Nobert like this.
  2. mervyn

mervyn

750k-1m minimum

Clayart likes this.
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

We know firms that do this for about $15K to $18K. One also provides Admin services. I would say for an experienced company, that is on the low side. Some charge 2 to 5 times that.

4. 2rosy

2rosy

5. Clayart

Clayart

That estimate is probably too high for a small to medium size equity fund.

6. Clayart

Clayart

To my knowledge they(CT Trust, Wolters Kluwer) don't do hedge fund formation, only LLC or C-Corp(entity)formation.

7. mervyn

mervyn

Let me clarify, I meant this is for OPM (other people's money), assuming you sell stuff and take management fees and carry.

8. Clayart

Clayart

Would you be able to please provide the names of the company that charge $15k to $18k.

9. Clayart

Clayart

If I am not mistaken you are probably quoting the $750k to $1MM amount as the starting AUM, right? and not the startup cost.

Tradess0610 likes this.
  10. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Not in a public forum. You would have to email me - my email below, give me your name. Then I'd be happy to. Are you look to form a fund?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
    #10     Jan 12, 2023