WHat's a great SP (ES) trader?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by clooch, Aug 7, 2008.

1. clooch

clooch

1/2 the daily range on a regular basis per contract?? if so, congrats.

Now , hypothetically if you were forced to trade everyday, how many consecutive days could you achieve this on average, and how many would be your best. (just curious)

Obtaining this profit per contract would definitely put you in the top tier of trading. Do you remain in the market all day using reversals or are these specific trades?

#11     Aug 7, 2008
  2. that is the question...

#12     Aug 7, 2008
  3. clooch

clooch

1 es point per day? It don't seem like much. Sure you can increase # of contracts traded, but that is unrealistic as you also have to increase risk, and for what 1 point? I think I would rather risk less and make more then risk more and make less. Your risk - reward ratio would not make sense. Just my thoughts....

I'm just curious as to what traders would consider to be a good trading track record on a per contract basis. I guess I am asking from a daytrading perspective.

#13     Aug 7, 2008
  4. from personal experience, i have managed 3 to 5 points a day (average, sometimes more sometimes less) over a 3 month period, starting with 1 contract. However, i am not a day trader, i swing trade the ES with a usual holding period of 2 to 3 days

#14     Aug 7, 2008
  5. good point..so what do you do?or would like to do?..go for 10 ES points with 1 contract?

#15     Aug 7, 2008
  6. You should be able to average 8 pts. per day on 5 or less trades. 2 of the 5 trades will be winners; 3 of the trades will be 1 pt or less losers.

That's my goal and I'm sticking to it; (until I hit it of course). Then it goes up!

#16     Aug 7, 2008
  7. yz125

yz125

you silly twats 1 point a day will make you very rich 1pt x400 400cts is $20000 half the range over 10 years is 5pt so thats $100000 a day x lets say 45 trading weeks is $18 mil which is doable but come on any fund stoke private investor would tear their bollocks of to be a part of you making it to this stage is very hard and not needed do the fucking maths lads

#17     Aug 7, 2008
  8. yz125

yz125

es is fucking liquid

#18     Aug 7, 2008
  9. you don't say :)

#19     Aug 7, 2008
  10. clooch

clooch

Thank you, I would never of been able to figure that out myself. Trading 400 contracts for 5 pts a day? wow, that is good math laddy. Geez, maybe I'll trade 2,000 cts for 1 pt instead. Can u lend me a couple bucks please? What should i use for a stop?

#20     Aug 25, 2008