what's a good trade in this market.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 88888accountant, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Hey guys, I am really finding it hard to adapt to this market. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what a smart trade is in this market. Please don't give me any answers that are based on results.

I usually go for trades that are 3-1. I was able to take 2-1 for a while and then went to 1-1 with a higher winning percentage. All my money has been going to fees and looking at a chart of my net I would say it time to start short selling myself. lol.

I am trying to develop a strategy that is range based so I will earn credits that will offset broker fees. I was doing okay and then the straight up move happened on friday and a similar move today. I got out on a similar move when the range broke 2 hours earlier and puched out at the top and it reversed all the way back down. Then held when it broke the second time and it didnt bounce right back, and I had to punch out losing most of what I had made. (sort of a ride her till she bucks you, but dont get back on leeson, lol)

I guess my question is: How many types of non directional markets are there? This one seems to be built on knowing when a volume spike is comming, but I have no idea how to adapt.

any help would be appreciated, and I would love to help others experiencing similar problems with this market.

Thx