What's a good "spread" for Forex? Here's a pic of OEC's

Discussion in 'Forex' started by 1a2b3cppp, Mar 4, 2009.

1. cstfx

cstfx

I think you have found the viability of using that platform for your forex trading. Try some others that have been highly recommended here on the forum. I am sure you probably wanted to use it because you probably trade with OEC, but if you open a forex account, it is ANOTHER account and would be just the same if you opened it at another firm entirely.

#11     Mar 10, 2009
  2. So OEC forex accounts are separate from OEC futures accounts?

Hmm. This sucks too cuz I LOVE OEC's platform for futures. Most of the other ones I've tried (in demo form) were super shitty or just annoying to use. Oanda sucks, MT4 sucks, trying to remember who else I've tried, a few but they all sucked.

#12     Mar 10, 2009
  3. cstfx

cstfx

If they are ib'ing or even white labeling for Gain/Forex.com, then yes, separate accounts. Same thing holds for Tradestation and their forex offering, which incidentally last time I checked was Gain Capital as well.

#13     Mar 10, 2009
  4. Anyone ever had problems with IB currency conversions? I think whatever you save from low spreads you lose when you convert it back to base currency using their conversion rates.

#14     Mar 11, 2009
  5. It gets better!

At 4pm CST my exiting limit orders all get cancelled.

Trading continues, as I see the EURUSD chart moving, but I CANNOT PLACE ORDERS

"order rejected: no trading available"

So if you use this service you better hope nothing happens around 4pm where you need to exit your position.

#15     Mar 11, 2009
  6. i talked to OEC support.

Apparently my order disappeared the other day because they were doing maintenance on the demo platform.

Apparently my orders are vanishing at 4pm because they are DAY orders (i didn't think Forex had DAY orders since the market never closes).

He said that's also why I couldn't add new ones until like 6pm or whenever.

Weird, but at least it makes sense.

#16     Mar 12, 2009
  7. cstfx

cstfx

Unless you specify GTC, your order will be canceled, just like futures. I can't comment on their platform but for every platform I have worked with the orders are always DAY unless you say otherwise.

#17     Mar 12, 2009