Whats a good book/video to learn PC basics?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by privateisland, Mar 28, 2004.

1. I know a average amount about PC hardware and software. I can do the basics and to a average person I seem very computer literate. I know though that most of my info comes from trial and error. The last computer course I took was in 95' and things have changed so much. I keep up to date with info and sometimes read PC type magazines. Whats a good book or video that really helps explain all aspects of computers. I know that's probably a tall order though. Is there maybe a couple of them I should get? I want something that's not so in-depth that it overwhelms though. Thanks so much and have a great trading week.

2. Yes, very open ended question I asked. Pretty much I'd like to learn the basics of programing, what all the technical terms all mean, what goes with what, basics of building your own PC etc. I guess just a good well rounded knowledge. Enough that I could call myself computer literate and not by lying:)

3. My question is with software applications.

For example many times when I am working with Word or some other well know products like Excel, I have little problems like how to create letterhead let's just say.

Does anyone know if there is a company that offers CHEAP, FAST and EASY answers to these types of annoying little application questions.

4. That's the type of stuff i'm talking about Samson. I was thinking that if I knew more of the "how to stuff" I could answer them myself. Or at least that's my goal.

5. Banjo

Banjo

6. TY Tiki and Banjo for the links. I'll check them out more in depth tonight.

7. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

... I don't know your knowledge level. But after seeing this man's commercials a zillion times ("Try my product!" "Try my product!" "Try my product!"), I ordered one for my aunt, she knows just as much about computers as I know about brain surgery. The CD went far beyond the patience I could give her, and she's done pretty well. I paid for the shipping and the 1st CD was free, overpriced on shipping but worth it.

http://www.videoprofessor.com (I have no interest "whatsoever" with this company

From the looks of the titles it seems there something that may be of interest to you. Good luck!