What's a cost efficient way to PROVE your track record to eventually start hedge fund

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by canadian_dude, Sep 3, 2003.

1. A performance alone proves little: it proves that you made it in the past not that it is REPRODUCIBLE.

#51     Oct 7, 2003
  2. Oh, I agree about the "past performance"....but we all know that nothing is "reproducable' ..results wise, since the market is the pitcher, and traders are the batters. You can't use the same "swing" that you used the last time you hit the ball when the pitch is totally different.

Another thought is...."who cares" about proving it others? If you're making money, compound it, or put your theories to use by growing an enterprise with othes under your wing.

Like I said, "just a thought"...

Don

#52     Oct 7, 2003
  3. omcate

omcate

The law of compounding is very powerful. $5,000 compounded at a monthly rate of 5% will become $1,744,560 in ten years. Unfortunately, I probably cannot achieve this kind of consistent performance in the foreseeable future.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

#53     Oct 7, 2003
  4. T-REX

T-REX

Hey Don. I have not spoken to you in a while. How are ya?

Anyway, playing the devils advocate for a moment......I tend to believe that past performance IS indicative of future results provided the systems primace is a valid one to begin with. Markets DO behave in predictive repeatable patterns that is why we are able to trade in the 1st place. I think the harder question to answer is "if your so good why do you need my money"? or like an article I read today that asked- "If you have such a great system why are you selling it to me"? The question presupposes that IF you have found/created the "Holy Grail" then you would not share it with the world much less do it for "FREE" -(which is exactly what I've been doing):eek: :eek: :eek:

#54     Oct 7, 2003