What´s left for the human trader?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by trade4succes, Jul 11, 2007.

1. in which context you are talking about?

#11     Jul 11, 2007
  2. it´t not who you are trading against, it´s why you think you can do it better than a computer? If a computer can do it better, than in the end you´re margins will get lower and lower.

#12     Jul 11, 2007
  3. I dont have to spell correctly when i`m long small caps such as INNO today(from 1.34). :D

Now stop being a dick when someone agrees with you. :p

And by the way since when is "..." proper punctuation you ball buster?

#13     Jul 11, 2007
  4. The best the computers can do is probably through the use of manipulation. Computers can learn what humans will likely do in certain situations, not necessarily why.

It's all about how they use what they believe humans will do to program the computers. That's the trick, realizing limitations and work with the computers to use their advantages to exploit human flaws.

#14     Jul 11, 2007
  5. Quotation marks are illegal?

:confused: :p :p

#15     Jul 11, 2007
  6. Not illegal. But improper usage of punctuation is hypocritical from someone who likes to pick on grammar mistakes.

If you live in a glass house dont throw stones.

#16     Jul 11, 2007
  7. why human traders do what they do: to make money. that should always be the fundamental reason for winning traders, whether mortal or silicon.

in my opinion, you can build a winning computer trader on winning edges, not on mimicking what a human trader would do.

#17     Jul 11, 2007
  8. Okay, then let me rephrase the question for the dense. Where did you learn that quotation marks are an illegal operator in English? :D :confused:

#18     Jul 11, 2007
  9. Yes, but there is money to be made tooling with humans, no? Stop losses being wiped out by computer programs might be just such a tool.

My point was that perhaps programmers would find it easier to prey on the weakness of human flaws rather than actually trying to program algorithms that truly function in almost any environment irrespective of what the market is doing.

#19     Jul 11, 2007
  10. Intuition... lets see you do that bitch

#20     Jul 11, 2007