What you believe is what you get?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Tonkadad, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Dman

Dman

I couldn't agree more. I think very few people subconsciously want to get rich. All of the knowledge and talent we need to achieve our dreams is right here, harnessing that power for the "right" purpose (what we want) is the hard part IMHO.

#11     Aug 16, 2003
  2. Totally. It helps to have a theme song too. I have one that I sing to my self over and over. The only lyric is "i've got aaaallllll the money ...in the world, in the world, in the world"

#12     Aug 16, 2003
  3. Banjo

Banjo

4. Dman

Dman

lol

It has a nice ring to it.

I tried to get my wife on board in regards to rewarding my subconscious, and she said she'd try, but I'm having second thoughts about opening that can of worms.

#14     Aug 16, 2003
  5. I did enjoy his book, "Trading in the Zone" I think it should be required reading for all traders.

I haven't read the "Disciplined Trader" do you consider it a must read also?

I also was part of an online seminar he had in March 2001 that was really helpful.

As far as I am concerned his word is law.

regards,

Bruce

#15     Aug 16, 2003
  6. I like what you said vanilla2, yes live to the standards of who you want to be. Excellent, I think you nailed it.

regards,

Bruce

#16     Aug 16, 2003
  7. Well Dman, I am glad to see that you are a man of honor, since I don't consider light beer, beer I don't think there are any inconsistencies in your discipline , well done. Keep up the good work.

regards,

Bruce

#17     Aug 16, 2003
  8. #18     Aug 16, 2003
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I don't know that I'd consider it a "must", but the Zone is more of an extension of it than a replacement. In other words, I'm glad I read both. There is also a great deal more about belief systems in the first than in the second.

#19     Aug 17, 2003
  10. not only is what you believe is what you get, what you believe is WHO/WHAT YOU ARE.

best,

surfer:)

#20     Aug 17, 2003