What would your last day of work be like?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Pension_Admin, Nov 19, 2006.

1. ken__0

ken__0

your underestimating him he can always learn how to drive a truck. put those corpate schills in their place

#11     Nov 25, 2006
  2. sulli

sulli

Holy Smokes! You have only been on this board for 3 months and you have almost 600 posts!!!

Sorry for the interruption... just amazed.

#12     Nov 25, 2006
  3. ken__0

ken__0

holyshts right iv only managed 30 something to your 90 something in 2 years. or 30 something to his 600ish in two months,
    mayb i schould quit my job and post full time

#13     Nov 25, 2006
  4. Seriously, it is definitely not suggested that a person should quit their job and start trading full-time unless he/she is proven to be highly profitable trader (eg. when trading income > salary income OR have enough money for retirement)

It is to a trader's financial interest to maintain the job which could be used as a safety net if trading goes wrong. However, when a trader has finally achieved the goal to become a highly profitable trader, he/she should feel free to do whatever he/she wants to celebrate the freedom he/she worked hard to obtain.

So, for my last day of work, I will still flip off my boss.....and as well, I will parade in the building with my bodyguards in case the security try to lay their hands on me. :D

#14     Nov 25, 2006
  5. bluedemon77

bluedemon77 Guest

Let me tell you what my last day of work WAS like. It was a Thursday and I knew for a month I was going to be fired because they stopped inviting me to meetings, left me out of decisions that normally would have been mine to make and generally kept me in the dark. I knew it was only a matter of time. I tried to talk to my boss (the CEO) several times to find out what was going on, but every time I tried to ask him what the problem was he was "too busy" to talk to me.

Friday I had the day off so I could take my wife in for surgery. While she was in recovery, one of the people on my staff text messaged me to tell me my termination had been publicly announced. I was the last person in the company to find out I was fired. My boss never talked to me or gave me a reason. When I went in on Monday to drop off my keys and American Express card, my boss was hiding in his office so he wouldn't have to talk to me. This was my first experience at being fired and I hope it's the last.

In a way I was relieved because this place, like most of the others I worked at, was a political snake pit that was making me sick. I miss the regular salary and working with other people (some of them), but that's about it. For obvious reasons I'm not eager to go back to a "real job" and getting burned again so I keep plugging away at trading, hoping I can finally be free.

Chuck

#15     Nov 26, 2006
  6. I have to agree with eagle. You have nothing to gain by being an asshole. No matter what new venture you begin you will always need help from someone. Believe it or not, helping assholes is not a priority for the people who CAN help you. Just food for thought.

#16     Nov 26, 2006
  7. Well, I am not trying to be an asshole by doing those kind of things at my last day of work (if that day ever come). However, I do not think flipping off my boss would be an asshole-like gesture, considered that he/she is my boss.

I understand that it's not a sound decision to burn the bridge, but from what I have learn through trading in these past 4 years is that no one is there to help you but yourself. This is the mentality that I have now as a trader.

I remember the last ten days of work at my previous job as a prop trader. It was in a way, a lonely and humiliating experience. I was given 10 days to make a consistent profit of 10% of my trade size per day. It was difficult and stressful when you have the job that you love on the line. I struggled for full 10 days. I thought I finally got it and knew how to trade as I was able to meet the goal consistently for 9 days, but on the 10th day, the market condition changed. My strategy failed and I was terminated. No one was there to help. Some traders have no clue themselves. The profitable traders would keep all knowledge to themselves because of the zero-sum nature of the business. From then on, I realize that there is no one that could help me but myself.

Anyway, sometime I wish I could go back in time and alter the ending.

#17     Nov 26, 2006
  8. Let's get back to the topic here. The thread is getting depressing, which was not intended to be.

This thread was to help us stay positive and hang on to our dreams by imagining what our last day would be like when we one day became highly profitable trader.

#18     Nov 26, 2006
  9. Guess what? It is as ass-hole like gesture, but I guess you are too immature to see it. The best revenge in work or divorce is becoming successful, not giving the finger. When you learn that you may become successful, but until then.....

#19     Nov 26, 2006
  10. dhpar

dhpar

second that.
    you are ready to leave only when you are able to leave with class....hatred is for losers.

#20     Nov 26, 2006