what would you say to your broker if...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thomfergu, Feb 5, 2007.

1. it was stock not option

#11     Feb 5, 2007
  2. you are complaining about losing $70 and then reacting with hostility when people tell you it's how things work sometimes when you let a broker fill your order. get direct level II access and route the limit orders yourself if you are so concerned about a few pennies here and there....

#12     Feb 5, 2007
  3. UncleJ

UncleJ

Thomfergu,

Sorry for coming off harsh before. I am still learning to trade myself so please bear with me.

When you place your order through your broker, they do NOT have to fill you right away. They can send it to a Market Maker (MM) who has the option of sitting on it and waiting. What they can do is wait for the best time for them before they fill you.

As others have posted, you can use level II and direct access trading to route your orders yourself and avoid this problem.

Hope that helps.

#13     Feb 5, 2007
  4. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

What's your connection to your broker? Dial Up? Cable? DSL? T-1?

The lag in getting a confirm can be related to your connection to whomever you trade through.

The problem may very well be at your end.

You likely have no case.

#14     Feb 5, 2007
  5. get a good internet conection 3MBPS or better. Get a direct access broker... and learn to play with the ECN's. Otherwise you'll have much more to complain about in the future than $70.

#15     Feb 5, 2007
  6. I know of at least one language you do NOT speak fluently. :D

#16     Feb 5, 2007

7. thats because i speak five :)

#17     Feb 5, 2007
  8. well thats definatly not internet i have best available in my area. im in chicago suburbs .just checked at speakeasy download 13357 kbps upload 720 kbps.you know what they say to me when i called them they sad well yea it took longer than normally to fill. im talking about 2000 qqqq market order where it took 5 seconds to fill. i'm not complaining about 70$ its just pist me so much because was not the first time they done that.do you have any suggestions about direct accses broker besides IB

#18     Feb 5, 2007