What would you do?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by 123Magic, Mar 11, 2007.

1. a price cascade is the only thing that has been proven to work over time.

its when risk/reward quantified in objective/subjective terms is an outlier.

to capture it on a intraday basis you need to be around to take advantage of it.

#11     Mar 11, 2007
  2. Billy Ray Valentine and Duke and Duke, the Turtles. Taught very simple setups and made a lot of money. Setups are a dime a dozen. Wannabes (myself included at one time) are tempted to pay thousands for them.

#12     Mar 11, 2007
  3. 123Magic

123Magic

You are confused. That thread doesn't have any remarks from me about who or what I am. That thread on gambling was written to possibly help some of you realize the real motivations behind your trading. If I struck a nerve, good, that's a healthy first step.

I am a psychiatrist on Wall St. with a practice that specializes in trader "issues" for lack of a better word. I am also a consultant to a few Wall St. firms. I am not in the seminar, cd, webinar or book writing business. There are people in my profession who do trade and see patients, but I'm not one of them; I don't want to taint my services with a bias.

I have no time to take on any new clients so please don't email asking for consultation.

#13     Mar 11, 2007
  4. <i>"I have no time to take on any new clients so please don't email asking for consultation"</i>

Oh fiddlefaddle... I was sure counting on you helping me cope with my losses & failures. Of course I cannot afford to pay you up front all at once, cash on the barrelhead. You wouldn't expect that from a flailing daytrader anyway, I s'pose.

I do have a right-fine collection of muskrat, coon and possum pelts hanging in my garage right now, and that is no joke, mister. You are right welcome to the whole kit & kaboodle of 'um as payment in full if you ever find room to squeeze one more patient into your impressive schedule.

Gratefully yours

#14     Mar 11, 2007
  5. duard

duard

I have a packet of Fruit Punch Flavored Kool-Aid, One Hundred Acres, and a mule...

Should I:

A) Drink the Kool-Aid chilled to a refreshing 38 degrees Fahrenheit and enjoy one last good sunset.

B) Toil aimlessly for many years on my hundred acres and save the packet of Kool-Aid for my moment of extreme despair when the crops fail to come in and Mums pulls a train for the escaped convicts who happen through the woods.

C) Shoot the mule, barbeque the beast, invite the neighborhood, and hope my goodwill results in a better offer.

I'm thinking choice "A"......

#15     Mar 11, 2007
  6. Please, please, please... go with "C"!

All my friends will be there, too!!!

(monstrous belly laugh)

#16     Mar 11, 2007
  7. duard

duard

Then we can all join hands and sing Kumbaya.

Can't you just feel the love.....

#17     Mar 11, 2007
  8. Are you talking Jim Jones Kool Aid?

#18     Mar 11, 2007
  9. duard

duard

Perhaps this metaphorical jibber-jabber is too psychically disturbing. Therefore I apologize to all of ET and especially the OP.

#19     Mar 11, 2007
  10. especially shooting the mule option... what did the mule ever do to you?!!

#20     Mar 11, 2007