What would you do?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lpchad, Apr 17, 2009.

1. go to Rio ..... and live. markets, opportunities to make $$$ and ET will still be around 2 years from now, you being 18 will never come back. Do not postpone life. :D

#51     Apr 24, 2009
  2. gangof4

gangof4

being a couple decades your senior (sadly), i'll tell you what i tell every young person i know: time goes by very fast and true 'freedom' opportunities become nearly impossible as you get older, get responsibilities, and get tied to people and places. things you never think of (aging parent, sick sister) can instantly become a responsibility that will alter your life just as something more planned would (ie: tied to a job or marriage). the primary regrets we all have as we look back are the things we DIDN'T do. travel and enjoy. if your interests lie in the market, allocate x number of hours per to screen watching, paper trading, and then trading a VERY small acct once you're ready for that step.

i only wish somebody had given me this advice when i was younger. hard to really have that perspective on your own until it's in the rear view mirror.

#52     Apr 24, 2009
  3. gangof4

gangof4

ironically, following your advice, he will have to ignore everything you said; and, hence, listen to eveyrbody. it's a vicious circle...

#53     Apr 24, 2009
  4. Surdo

Surdo

I agree... go to Posto 9 in Ipanema, eat the best steak you have ever tasted, and make love to the finest women in the world.

When you get bored sipping caipirinhas and banging big bundas, learn to kiteboard and surf!

You can always look at charts between garotas, or in a year?

surdo

#54     Apr 24, 2009

5. Surdo

I do not know if you can trade (and despite this being ET) not that it really matters, but I think you are right when it comes to enjoying what Brazil has to offer.
    However, I will disagree with you when it comes to the best women hailing from Brazil. Mamitas from Venezuela are just as sweet, ticas from Costa Rica can make you forget about that steak, Cuban girls will taste as good as Cohibas and Colombian putitas are surely good at ... well everything.

I must admit however, that Brazilian women + Samba = paradise. Then again Cuban girls and Cha Cha is not a bad combination, and if you ever saw Colombian chicas move to salsa... well ... there is no competition. Then again ... those Brazilians ....... :D :D :D :D

#55     Apr 24, 2009
  6. The problem there is that you're thinking like everyone has been taught to - a job is only safe and secure until your head is handed to you on a silver platter.

#56     Apr 24, 2009
  7. He will get robbed blind in Rio.

#57     Apr 24, 2009
  8. Agree, when I was 18, there was still plenty to discover in my own area, regarding girls, party etc. A few years later, and...

#58     Apr 25, 2009
  9. Cutten

Cutten

I think you misunderstood me - I didn't say getting a job was safe, I just said it was safer for most people than self-employment or being an employer/entrepreneur.

#59     Apr 25, 2009
  10. Cutten

Cutten

Are you happily married? If so, then I don't see the problem. If not, then get divorced, and go back to the beginning of this thread for advice pertinent to your newfound single status!

#60     Apr 25, 2009