What would you do?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lpchad, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Cutten

Cutten

Terrible advice. Most businesses fail in the first year, and most people are not cut out to run a business. Starting a business is an incredibly risky (from a financial view) proposition since it takes years from your life as well as a huge risk to your life savings.

Most people should get a secure, well-paid job they love or at least can stomach, and then invest their money conservatively, with capital preservation the primary goal, and satisfactory returns second.

#11     Apr 17, 2009
  2. Cutten

Cutten

Right now is probably the best time to go on world travels out of the last 20 years. You don't need to piss away $100k, a budget of even $10k will get you by.

You are only young once, most oldsters would pay a lot more than $100k to be a debt-free 28 year old able to travel round the world pursuing drink, decadence, and debauchery. You will regret it if you don't do it IMO.

#12     Apr 17, 2009
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

Abosolutely nothing....you are doing a fantastic job.

I'd be looking for a home to live in and low ball offers until one gets hit. You have time on your side which translates to having to take minimal risk..

#13     Apr 17, 2009
  4. If you organize your life in a good way, you can enjoy life for at least 10 years while trying a lot of businesses starting on a shoestring or with outside investor's money.

#14     Apr 17, 2009
  5. Find I nice, warm and safe 3td world country and buy it.

#15     Apr 17, 2009
  6. dealmaker

dealmaker

Don't listen to anyone. Do what you desire, that is the right decision for you. You are on elite for a reason. Invest it, trade it, work it. Good luck.

#16     Apr 17, 2009
  7. Take 25K and travel the world like Surdo says
    you should be doing it like a king for about 3-6 months...

And then get on with your life..

#17     Apr 17, 2009
  8. Do you even know why that is? Lack of proper planning and lack capitalization. Moreso the lack of capitalization to last.

Most people venturing out to start a business are idiots who go out on a limb and get over-leveraged. They do it because they want to start a business, not because there is an actual opportunity and market. If you avoid that mistake and focus on the right opportunities, you will succeed. Lot of wonderful opportunities out there, just gotta be slick and think outside the box.

#18     Apr 17, 2009
  9. lpchad

lpchad

I see this as a pathetic, mediocre way to live life. I know I am better than this.

#19     Apr 17, 2009
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

Go visit Cuba......

#20     Apr 17, 2009