What would you do in this situation?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by strawzombie, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Original poster (the person who made the thread).

#41     Nov 13, 2012
  2. Sounds like you're playing the game, by the game's own rules.

No cheating going on.

Go ahead and win, you're doing exactly what the really successful guys/firms do in "real" markets.

#42     Nov 13, 2012
  3. I always liked scamimg the system. I grew up in Indianapolis, and around Memorial Day, they had these pools on the Indianapolis 500, 33 drivers. I kept working those pools until the only way I could lose was if Bobby Unser won. So I just went around talking loud and bad mouthing Bobby Unser, until I could find a true fan who would bet me even money, and then at that point it was a done deal, the worst I could do was break even.

Later in life, I thought that kind of attitude would make me a good option trader. 126 winning trades in a row on nothing but a Black and Scoles calculator.

But they don't stay stupid very long, and if you aren't smart enough to stay one step ahead, you better find something you are better cut out for.

And that's when my obsession with randomnesss began.

#43     Nov 14, 2012
  4. plyka

plyka

Can't believe this thread has reached 8 pages!! Who in god's name cares?

#44     Nov 14, 2012
  5. that's what I said the last time I spent the day in the bar, "I can't believe I have been here eight hours!"

Sometimes people just like to bullshit, especially if you are trading the kind of crap markets I have positions in, and are just waiting for something to happen.

The other choice is to go back to scalping where something happens every second, which wouldn't be bad, except I now have to compete with HFT where a second to them is like a whole day.

#45     Nov 14, 2012
  6. At the next class, stand up and say you have an announcement to make. Then, tell them that the game is flawed, you found the flaw, and utilised it to get the good results. Explain how the flaw works, and (if possible) how to fix it. Say that the teacher needs to fix the flaw ASAP, so that you can all continue to play the game properly; and that you will refrain from exploiting it until that happens.

Firstly, it's the right thing to do. Second, you will achieve personal benefits by demonstrating smartness/cunning, as well as integrity and selflessness. Third, personal benefits are irrelevant compared to improving the world. Fourth, and most importantly, you will become a local legend.

#46     Nov 14, 2012
  7. Some do.

#47     Nov 14, 2012
  8. you had me at "some"

#48     Nov 14, 2012
  9. LOL.

#49     Nov 14, 2012
  10. When will the game end?

I am interested in the reaction of people when you tell them your 'strategy'.

#50     Nov 21, 2012