What would you do if you had a profitable system...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by IronFist, Feb 13, 2007.

1. A two cent move could be, and most likely IS a random event.

#11     Feb 13, 2007
  2. yes agreed....70 % of the time..

#12     Feb 13, 2007
  3. This is quite the retarded chat. 3000 shares of stock is a lot easier to get out of then 30000 shares. So what if you use this style and the stock goes against you for 25 cents. A guy scalping for .02 cents on a 25 dollar stock can’t take a hit like that. If you’re trading penny stocks with large volume my opinion would be different. You should be rebate trading on this style too.

#13     Feb 13, 2007
  4. dinoman

dinoman

I would laugh all the way to the bank!

Get real!

#14     Feb 13, 2007
  5. I said you can't just scale your position up to $60k... can you?

#15     Feb 13, 2007
  6. First of all that is not a system. The only one that can consistently and profitably make money scalping 1-2 cents are the ecn's and market makers because they also get a cut of the commission and trade for free.

Just in slippage alone in the real world trading environment there's no way to keep your edge. Plus your commissions will eat you alive.

#16     Feb 14, 2007
  7. I didn't ask if you think it's a valid system or not. I asked what you would do if you were in that situation (not that I am in that situation, but I was just wondering).

How could commissions eat you alive when you're making 1 or 2 trades per day? Assume for the sake of argument that you're using zecco.com or something then.

#17     Feb 14, 2007