What would you choose...money or happiness?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by peilthetraveler, Dec 23, 2010.

Money or happiness

1. I would take the red pill without thought and be happy

44 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. I would take the $500 million without thought

84 vote(s)
    54.9%
  3. I would take the red pill after alot of consideration.

14 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. I would take the money after alot of consideration.

11 vote(s)
    7.2%
  1. Life is a one way ticket, single trip only. No amount of money can change this, and it will come sooner than you think.

#81     Oct 5, 2011
  2. J Ski

J Ski

You canwrite a bunch of $2,000 checks with 500 mil.
    Even if you had invested the money and eked out a measly
    1% return, $5,000,000.
    That's a bunch of checks.
    In our culture, money = happiness, the freedom to be free.
    Even like oldtyme wrote in another thread,
    to live frugally, out in the country, it takes money.
    Buddha, was a rich prince.
    People don't think that even though he achieved something remarkable,
    he still had bank to fall back on, if the nirvana thing didn't work out.

#82     Oct 7, 2011
  3. Since no such pill exists, and since some people in this world are happy, happiness must be attainable through other means than a red pill. In fact, they're both attainable. However, in the pursuit of that much money, happiness can be lost, but in the pursuit of happiness it would be hard to spend that much money. So, I'll take the money.

#83     Oct 10, 2011
  4. lg_cap

lg_cap

I'd go for happiness, because for money ways to get it are known and can be applied. Happiness is more elusive.

#84     Oct 10, 2011
  5. Money and happiness does not go hand in hand together. Only success goes with happiness. Money is neutral and that man by nature is greedy and cannot be contented.

Take this illustration, a high percentage of rich can not be happy because money cannot buy happiness. Material wealth does not equate happiness as well.

A high percentage of poor cannot can't also be happy as well because they lack so many of its needs for financial reasons.

This goes to say whatever money you have, you will always have a feeling that you need more money just to be happy. But....

The secret of happiness is to simply think you are happy and to be satisfied with what you have in your life. This is the ONLY territory of what we called as happiness. Beyond these borders of secrets, there is always unhappiness and even a quadrillion of dollars cannot deal with it.

This goes to say, I take the red pill. Problem solved.

#85     Oct 13, 2011
  6. Very wise words.....

Money only gives satisfaction.....
    But, only Success gives happiness, dosnt matter in which subject it is..... !!! Success makes selfworth feeling, the good one....:)

#86     Oct 13, 2011