What would you choose...money or happiness?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by peilthetraveler, Dec 23, 2010.

Money or happiness

1. I would take the red pill without thought and be happy

44 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. I would take the $500 million without thought

84 vote(s)
    54.9%
  3. I would take the red pill after alot of consideration.

14 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. I would take the money after alot of consideration.

11 vote(s)
    7.2%
  1. We can only experience both. Contrast provides us with the impetus to reach for the happy.
    So, I'll take the money, and welcome the contrast that normally occurs in our physical experience.

#61     Jan 23, 2011
  2. ================
    PTT;
    Actually after thinking it thru-take the money,
    no such thing a s a pill that produces contentment/bliss in any situation:D Dont forget to to do a tithe/love offering off the 500 million:cool:

#62     Jan 24, 2011
  3. i'm rich and happy with lotsa chicks
    what prize do I win?

Seriously stop dreaming, get to work.
    Each section in life, may it be chicks, money, or happiness, requires a lot of effort in each specific section.

Leave the effort out in any one of em, reap the rewards ... nothing.

#63     Jan 24, 2011
  4. If that was your goal, you probably should choose to be born as a retard.

#64     Jan 24, 2011
  5. Eight

Eight

this is kind of funny. Being content is one of the secrets of happiness. You become content by sorting out your discontent and learning to appreciate the good things in your life. The first words the devil spoke to Eve in the Garden were to sew discontent ["did God really say that?"] and a few thousand years later Paul wrote a letter in the New Testament recommending that people be content no matter their circumstance... there is no need for a pill to become content, it's pretty easy to do for a believer... people in the world sometimes suggest that people become discontented and let the world know about it but it never works afaik.. and a contented person can learn to trade and make some very long coin... there is no need for the dichotomy... but if a person can't really handle being wealthy and it would lead to them becoming permanently discontented then they should say "hit me!!" to the red pill maybe.. or they could sort out whether money would ruin them or help them before going for the money...

#65     Jan 24, 2011
  6. I've finally reached a point where I have some financial security. Does it make me happy? I sleep better. I don't have to worry about a roof over my family's head, or how I'm going to put food on the table, and I know I can pay my kids' tuition. Is that happiness? I think so. It's not a perfect, but it beats the hell out of being poor. Been there. Done that. Don't wanna do it again.

#66     Jan 24, 2011
  7. the poll is illogical because it implies money and happiness are mutually exclusive. they aren't. i have both now and i know others who have both.

#67     Jan 24, 2011
  8. rew

rew

I figure it's easier to buy happiness with money than to obtain money with happiness.

#68     Jan 25, 2011
  9. achilles28

achilles28

Amen. People that haven't been poor and/or sick have no idea how important money is.

#69     Jan 25, 2011
  10. Burton

Burton

Psychology is far the most important thing for trading

#70     Jan 26, 2011