What would Soros do to defeat Bush?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noddyboy, Feb 4, 2004.

1. noddyboy

noddyboy

He hates Bush, and he said he would even throw money in the markets so that Bush doesn't get elected. The question is which market, and which direction?

Any ideas? Would he succeed? Is money to be made with or against him?

2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I think that it would be very hard for Soros to push any meaningful market by himself, but I guess that does not mean he wont try. Ego I guess.

Brandon

3. but he would probably have more of an impact donating money to the Kerry campaign to help combat the supposed 180 million purse which Bush has ready for campaign bombardment. I despise most people, and Bush is one of them.

My question to Republicans is, why doesn't Bush's blatant lies bother you?

4. noddyboy

noddyboy

He donated millions to moveon.org, which is probably a website that you would like. He is worth 4B, and made $1B in his fund betting against the British pound in 92. However, I don't believe any of his large bets paid off since.

5. Trying to move tha market sugnificantly with his own money is imposibble. What he might try to do is use his influence as a legendary investor to more the market in whichever way. But declaring it ahead is like notifing the police you planted a bomb in a lobby of a building 2 days before it's about to go off.

TM Trader