What would Reagan do? Where is Bush?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Is it just me or does Bush seem quite absent from the scene to reassure Americans that everything is going to be okay?

What would Ronnie be doing (in his first term...not the end of his second term).

2. Why would a running back for the New Orleans Saints be making statements regarding the financial crisis?

3. I don't agree with you often, but you're observation is correct. My thought is, Bush is such a horrible communicator, inspires nothing but contempt at the very sight of him and generally hasn't a f'n clue anyway, that those that are really in control have told him to STFU. I see this as a good thing.

4. jem

jem

Reagan actually seemed to put the country first on many many matters.

Bush has been out to enrich his buddies. I am not even sure that this whole bail plan was not devised to help out his buddies at Goldman.

They got a 35 year old GS guy in charge. I suspect they are giving china a month to convert their toxic assets to goldman assets. I bet China gets paid 2-6 cents on the dollar or less.
    Then Goldman will sell to the U.S. tax payer for 70 cents on the dollar.

Then in two years Goldman will buy it back for 2 cents on the dollar and Goldman will sell it to China for 10 cents on the dollar.

Goldman will also get paid to administer the program. So in the end they will get close to all 700b with only token amounts going to other banks.

5. what he would do, is cut taxes without cutting spending, and just run a deficit

which is pretty much what we've done ever since, but you cant do it forever

looks like 28 years is the limit

bush is doing the right thing, being silent - anyone who watchs the market knows thet the market almost always TANKS when he talks