What would life be like with a worthless dollar?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Thats not really a fair statement, since most people even in the US do not know how to run a business anyway. 90% of all small business in the US fail in the first 5 years.

And I think Americans have got so lazy that they would not be able to survive if they had to get out there and work 12 hours just to earn enough money to buy food and have a buck or two left over. I seriously think a HUGE number would resort to theft to make ends meet.

if you dont believe me, go out today and find 10 people and ask if they have ever stolen anything in their lives. Out of the 10 people...9 will tell you yes and 1 will lie to you. And this is in America, the land of milk & honey! If people are stealing here when things are good, imagine if things got really bad.

#11     Jun 2, 2009
  2. Exactly what I have been thinking. We americans are spolied with too much for too cheap and of we lose it there will be a civil war. Wait and see

#12     Jun 2, 2009
  3. Nope. No civil war, just anarchy.
    The avg. American is both too ignorant and lazy to organize anything of importance, let alone stick with it.
    The riots will be in waves, usually at night, after the non-producers haven't found enough to eat while foraging trash piles in the daylight.

Then "they' will deploy troops, and set up the FEMA camps.

#13     Jun 2, 2009
  4. hear hear.

#14     Jun 2, 2009
  5. [​IMG]

#15     Jun 2, 2009
  6. .....and then came Hitler! :eek:

#16     Jun 2, 2009
  7. clacy

clacy

We already have our "captivating leader" (although Hitler didn't need a telepromter like Obama).

#17     Jun 2, 2009
  8. Australia's dollar fell to 49c against US a few years back - the lowest it had ever gone. People got really scared. But this is what happened.

It became really expensive to go on overseas holidays, so people holidayed locally instead.

Imported goods became more expensive so people started buying Australian.

Australia's produce became cheaper so more people from oveseas started buying it. Exports rose.

All this created jobs.

America's dollar will go down, but it isn't all bad.
    Good things will come of it.

The worst thing that might happen is that you won't be able to upgrade your plasma TV for a while.

Runningbear

#18     Jun 2, 2009
  9. I know......I call him barack "ENDGAME obama! :eek:

#19     Jun 2, 2009
  10. Our new currency:

[​IMG]

#20     Jun 3, 2009