What Would Jesus Trade?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by mazotrade, Mar 23, 2004.

1. gemini_315

gemini_315 Guest

For those that are christians and are posting to this post:

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

Go see "The Passion of the Christ", if you have not seen it yet. Of all the movies ever made, this is a must see.

#31     Mar 24, 2004
  2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer

Where are you getting your information?

#32     Mar 24, 2004

3. Hello,

Oldtimer, are you familiar with or have you read any scripture? The answer you seek is there. Another source would be historical accounts of Jewish rituals & traditions, should you be leery of Biblical reference.

I could give you the answer, however imho that makes it too easy. For those that truly yearn for knowledge, & understanding being pointed in the direction, or being asked the ?s that will help them derive the answer, are the best methods.

May it bring you enjoyment in some form!
    Take Care & God Bless!

Kelly

#33     Mar 24, 2004
  4. huangks

huangks

He trades "Faith Futures." Most of the time he does "spreads", but no "options". For him, "options" is bad for his business, either you with him or you will ... well you don't wanna know.

#34     Mar 24, 2004
  5. jem

jem

gemini do you really think having a little fun about what would jesus trade is what the prohibition about taking the lord thy gods name is vain is?

I would find more offensive the amoun of oh my gods used to express emotion on television. But again is that taking his name in vain?

Or would be more like all the uses of she is my god or she is a God when referring to a god looking women. But of couse this could be a generic god or a roman god.

Or would it be In the name of God I command you to eat this soup.

Or would it be when a preacher claims God told him to expand his chruch and therefore the chruch goers need to give more donations. Or even when the pope says something infallibly.

Or would it be incorrectly stating God says ... or

Or would it be God d------

Or would it be swearing to God or making a deal with God and not intending to keep it.

I do not know the answer but somehow asking what would Jesus trade does not seem offensive to me at the moment.

#35     Mar 24, 2004
  6. Jesus made one trade and it was a winner.He traded his life for the sins of all humankind.It was a winning trade for everyone.

#36     Mar 24, 2004
  7. You are just toooooo funny!:D :D :D I thought my "Glory be unto the Faaaather, and unto the Sonnn .... and into the hole he gooooes." was pretty good. But I must admit you are the best yet. LMAO

:D :D :D

#37     Mar 24, 2004
  8. gemini_315

gemini_315 Guest

Unfortunately blasphemy has become a part of our language, because of allowances such as those above. And yes, saying "oh my G_D" frivolously is wrong. More importantly, lack of reverence to G_D is offensive to G_D. My post is directed to Christians who need to be weary of participating in a thread as disrespectful as this one is.

#38     Mar 24, 2004
  9. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to get this answer right.

AMEN.

:) :) :)

#39     Mar 24, 2004
    #40     Mar 24, 2004