What would happen if China did actually dump the USD and all US bonds?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by T_Geithner, Feb 16, 2011.

1. nLepwa

nLepwa

And except sending the big guy with the baseball bat to make sure the debtor pays... :)

Which for countries is called a war.

Ninna

#11     Feb 16, 2011
  2. Your wrong about Oil.

There is enough oil in the US to sustain it. I spent 4 years raising money to drill domestically. There are 10000,s of independent operators pulling oil and natti out of the ground.

Now with the Technology in the Shale arena, more production..all however more costly to refine and harvest.

Colorado has a huge Shale, Montana and North Dekota (Bakken Shale) Texas has a huge shale field, Penn, NY.

Not to mention China just poured 2 billion into a Texas wind farm and more and more alternative energy is popp'n up. All be it 3% to 5% of the energy grid for now.

I just started a project that deals with Deregulation. 35 energy providers are on my team.

We do not have an Energy Problem. We have an infrastructure problem. We are no longer a manufacturing nation. Our energy problem is not finding it. Do not forget we have CALI and Alaska to tap into in serious emergency.

We also import more oil from Canada and Mexico than the Middle East.

#12     Feb 16, 2011
  3. a stupid french brain... nothing else. I feel frustration... that come from greed... leads to anger and make you feel power ? no dude it's just the darkside. Nothing is left from you.

#13     Feb 16, 2011
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Alright, there goes your credibility. Sure we don't have an energy problem if you assume that we could just cut our energy usage by 25% overnight without a problem...

And please don't even get me started on shale oil...

Now about the US-China relationship, it is such that both would get hurt it the situation described occured, but the Chinese would suffer less...

#14     Feb 16, 2011
  5. emg

emg

What would happen if China did actually dump the USD and all US bonds?

We be at Qe8 when or if that happen

#15     Feb 16, 2011
  6. emg

emg

the question should be, what would happen if we are at Qe5?

the best answer i can think of is:

Dow Jones will be trading above 15000
    Dollar index will be trading below 65
    Inflation in the commodity market
    a possible deflation in main street
    many small businesses bankrupt due to high employment rate and extreme low consumer spending due to inflation in the commodity market

#16     Feb 16, 2011
    #17     Feb 16, 2011
  8. oh snap, you better watch out. Those "chinks" are sending their women to castrate your inbred redneck ass! lol

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1X3Vyhm56Eo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#18     Feb 17, 2011
  9. I'm no rocket scientist but when you spend $35B every 5 days and add $35B to your debt every 9 days your creditors are SOL.

#19     Feb 17, 2011
  10. 1. If china sells the 7% they own, other countries will follow, and a good percentage of the billions of people who are saving some of their money in the form of USDs, regardless of the amount, will try to get rid of it, this in turn will cause ... anyhow you get the point, basically it will trigger a domino effect

2. The collateral is the US itself.

#20     Feb 17, 2011