what would be the result of abolishing minimum wage?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by strantor, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Oh, so its better if they fire 2 of the girls and let them starve and give more money to the one girl? How does that help the 2 girls that got fired you egotistical bigoted unbelievable self centered uncaring selfish snob? If a CEO had to fire a bunch of employees so he could get a raise, you would be pissed as hell, but YOU want to basically do the same thing...get rid of 2 employees so you can pay 1 even more.

So tell me...what is better? One person making $9 per hour and 2 people starving or 3 people making $3 per hour and at least having money to buy food?

Idiots on this board I swear. You MUST be a liberal.

#61     Apr 26, 2012
  2. 3 people making $9/hr and you paying $27 for your Big Mac. If you had to pay what things are really worth, you would find you are not as rich as you think. The only reason you can buy a hamburger for 3 bucks is because they are taking it out of somebody elses mouth.

#62     Apr 26, 2012
  3. Ok Mr. Business major. I have a great idea for you. Go out and buy a couple pounds of ground beef and some hamburger buns. Hire 3 kids at $9 per hour to make them and then try to sell the burgers for $27 per burger. Go see how many burgers you can sell doing that and how fast your pocket book empties paying those employees to make burgers that nobody is buying.

#63     Apr 26, 2012
  4. If you can't make a living without using the equivelent of slave labor (even the slaves had food clothing and shelter, which is more than aminmum wage worker in the US gets) it is not a socially viable business. As a matter of fact, there probably has never been a socially viable business. It always requires somebody working for peanuts. Steve Jobs made the old plantation owners look like amateurs. Where would Apple be now if they had to pay a liveable wage to everybody that made an ipod?

I gotta go, it's being a wild night in AUD/JPY, I'll talk to you later

#64     Apr 27, 2012
  5. +1!

#65     Apr 27, 2012

6. Seems slave labor is very subjective. In my eyes slave labor is working 17 hours per day for no money and just enough food to live. For you slave labor is anyone paid a wage that isnt enough to buy him a home, car, auto insurance, medical insurance, cable TV, computer, internet, iphone, 401k, and a paid vacation 3 weeks per year.

#66     Apr 27, 2012