What would be a day trading "starter kit"?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stockmarketbeginner, May 17, 2018.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

Definately switch off updates, Windows 10 update had to restart 2 hours later, was a major update :(

#31     May 18, 2018
  2. schweiz

schweiz

I suppose that a "daytrader starting kit" is for beginners (starters).

In that case I think the latency is nowhere in the top 10 problems the starters has to solve to be profitable. Knowledge, or lack of it, or a missing edge, will have a 100 fold bigger impact on performance then latency.
    For a daytrader a 20ms or 200 ms latency makes no difference in performance. Only HFT needs this extreme low latency.
    As nobody will always have the best possible price to enter the market, the 200ms latency will give regularly even a better fill. Only a trader that always has the best possible signals to enter (so never a better price quote then his entry) can take advantage of the almost zero latency.

As I don't live in the US I don't know how big the average latency is in the US, so maybe it is on average above 500ms, in that case you should move to a country where internet is better developed. My latency is never 100 ms or higher. 100 ms latency gives me theoretically the possibility to enter 10 new orders in 1 second.

#32     May 19, 2018
    Pekelo likes this.
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Fxcm quotes used to lag about 2seconds and guaranteed price fills, it was enough time at news to watch a faster chart and jump on the spikes pre spike price, bring back those days :)

#33     May 19, 2018
  4. padutrader

padutrader

yep that one is important.....i do not know how to switch off the @#$%%^ windows update on my lap top....but i have a pc that i can use so i am lucky

#34     May 31, 2018