What would be a day trading "starter kit"?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stockmarketbeginner, May 17, 2018.

1. hmcp

hmcp

over the years I have made much more on longer term trades than day trading. I started out on my own intent on day trading and slowly lengthened my time frame as I built up capital and most importantly patience. Now sometimes I even take an afternoon off.

#11     May 18, 2018
    comagnum likes this.
  2. comagnum

comagnum

Nothing against day trading - for the more experienced traders anyway. For beginners its like trying to learn how to drive a car during a demolition derby.

#12     May 18, 2018
    CSEtrader, speedo and hmcp like this.
  3. schweiz

schweiz

upload_2018-5-18_14-31-2.png

#13     May 18, 2018
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I would love a feedback on those guys' carriers who finished that Harvard course. Maybe tradingschools.org will do a review on them. :)

Anyhow the simplest starter kit is a piece of paper, a pen and opening up investing.com free and live futures charts. You are good to go!!!

#14     May 18, 2018
  5. qxr1011

qxr1011

it has neither four or six year programs, it has number of credits required for graduation

some people do it in 3 years, most in 4, some in 5, etc

#15     May 18, 2018
    MoreLeverage likes this.
  6. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Day Trader Starter Kit:
    • Jack Daniels
    • A good connect (drug dealer)
    • If the first two suggestions don't work keep the suicide hotline number handy.
    • Post it notes to have the hotline number on the bottom edge of all six computer screens

#16     May 18, 2018
    comagnum and Turveyd like this.
  7. hmcp

hmcp

This may be the best trading advice I have ever seen

#17     May 18, 2018
  8. qxr1011

qxr1011

your screen space should be large enough to include all the information you need, one may have as many screens as he wants, but should keep in mind that he just have two eyes and one brain :)

baloney imho

people just choose some road and walk it... usually most of them never trade for a living using their own money...for overwhelming majority, who still trade and did not abandon their road, its just a hobby - sort of life-long masturbation which they enjoy , realizing that nothing more is really achievable or available for them

much depends on what you mean by "try",

some people try a day, some people try a week, some people keep trying all their life

i do not know what is better - depend on character and priorities

you have a monumental task in front of you - invent a bicycle (because unlike all other human enterprises knowledge is mostly not transferable her) and become a world class bicyclist

all you need is demo or live account so u can simulate the trading

do not trade any money until u believe that you have a working method

there are no good books, they all are crap since you will never learn how to trade from them, still read the classics and basics to get some orientation and get the publicly available knowledge to start with

you got that part right

#18     May 18, 2018
  9. truetype

truetype

I'm well aware. But four years is normal. Usually you graduate with your class. Exceptions include Ted Kennedy, banished for two years for cheating.

#19     May 18, 2018
  10. qxr1011

qxr1011

not necessarily cheating or other offences :)

one may take a year or two off

i know people who went to serve in Israeli army, or just travel around the world

beside,s a lot of people with average numbers (Obama''s daughter for example) but big pockets (someone has to pay the full price) get deferred by Harvard to another year not to dilute this year class's average numbers, and for the next year Harvard knows in advance already what is the amount of "ballast" that they have to compensate with the brilliant people (some of which can not pay)

#20     May 18, 2018