What Would Another 9/11 Do To The Mkt Now?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by pspr, May 14, 2009.

1. Nominally, the market went higher...
    but in real terms (priced in gold, soybeans, whatever) the markets have still collapsed since then

#11     May 15, 2009
  2. clacy

clacy

I guess this thread has been hijacked by the conspiracy theorists.....

#12     May 15, 2009
  3. But as the situation stands today, if another 911 happened, the FED would have no ammo to shoot. So yes, it the economy would tank.

------------------

I agree. Then we formed the TSA, employing people, also taking people out of the work force via military, relaxed credit to name a few. Not much left but to print money and bail out places, people and things.

#13     May 15, 2009
  4. #14     May 15, 2009
  5. Daal

Daal

The market would soar, the would think "All those buildings destroyed will help commercial real estate supply and lift prices, the people who died would lose their jobs anyway, too bad they didn't nuke us otherwise the unemployment rate would have a much lower denominator, Dow 11,000!!!"

#15     May 15, 2009
  6. LOL

Can i just ask if ANYONE here still thinks that the americans didnt' blowup their own buidlings??! :D :cool: :p

If you do your extremely naive and foolish. LOL

When the usa nexts wants to cause another global shock it will do it,
    although i cant see obama following an idiot like bush! :p

If there was another 9/11 tomorrow though the things that would soar are the things that ive been saying for everyone to buy since Febuary... :)

COMMODITIES!

Oil would soar, corn, wheat and sugar would rocket,
    and trhe dollar would crash back down to around 2.00 against the pound. :)

#16     May 15, 2009
  7. Eight

Eight

C'mon, two planes can take out three buildings easy...

#17     May 15, 2009

8. Plus the hole in the pentagon building was actually smaller in diameter than the plane itself was!! :D :p

And suspicious how the most protected building in the world only had 1 cctv camera on in! :cool:

#18     May 15, 2009
  9. 9-11 will go down as the day USA began it's inevitable disintegration. Look at the facts. Show just one area of improvement? And do not mention electing a black president because he is not black. I will be waiting for rebuttals.

#19     May 15, 2009
  10. I'm not sure this would qualify as an improvement but I do believe the good that has come out of this is exposure of poor quality of our culture re ethics, corruption, waste, etc. Once the facts laid bare hopefully change for the better will follow.

#20     May 15, 2009