What world is Elaine Chow in?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by limitdown, Jul 4, 2003.

1. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

I know many Harvard MBA's that couldn't think their way out of a paper bag. Many, many of these self proclaimed geniuses have flunked our entry / filter exam - quite a few PhD's also. Many of the people that I have interviewed from Harvard that passed our filtering tests, ended up being excluded for other reasons - generally these folks were judged to be lacking the ability to work in a cooperative manner with their peers.

I heard chows comments. I think a better overall analysis could be obtained by listening to other people. I guess I would say that I have almost no confidence in chows abilities and I believe her comments are often very poorly chosen .....

#31     Jul 7, 2003

2. Me 2,

Particularly when CNBC, CnnFn, BloombergTV and other financial news channels announce Economic data and news items that regularly move the markets.....

After all, we (www.elitetrader.com) are about trading the markets, not about politics or otherwise....

#32     Jul 7, 2003
  3. Of course the spin that Sec. Chow will be positive:

1. election year;
    2. and you'd be surprised how many will believe these statements. it may be (VERY) partially true (if that); but many americans are media oriented, i.e. if it's posted somewhere or said on national media, "Then it must be true."

#33     Jul 9, 2003
  4. http://money.cnn.com/2003/07/10/news/companies/jobless/index.htm

Jobless claims rise to 439,000
    New weekly claims for unemployment benefits rise unexpectedly, continuing claims at 20-year high.
    July 10, 2003: 9:07 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits for the first time rose unexpectedly last week as the level of U.S. workers receiving benefits for a week or more hit its highest level in more than 20 years, the government said Thursday.

#34     Jul 10, 2003
  5. maxpi

maxpi

Ok, if a recession is when the other guy is out of work and a depression is when I'm out of work then I'm only in a recession at this point but the day isn't over yet either.

Max

#35     Jul 10, 2003
  6. hey,

never thought of it that way,,,

also,

Techs warning of repeating these dismal quarters with no upturn in sight...

#36     Jul 10, 2003
  7. she was at it again....

they even asked her (on CNBC) whether the negative impact was indicative of failed policies of the Bush Administration, and she refuted it with all the gusto possible...

the markets have continued to sell off as we speak, we're down over 93 points and it's just 10:35am EST

perhaps she should realize that her role is not how to keep her job by praising this abismal economy, but how the populace is effected by not being employed.

she actually, again, stated that the so called discouraged unemployed, that do not get counted, actually dropped in their counts....

how backwards can you get?
    how incompetent can you be?

#37     Aug 1, 2003
  8. maxpi

maxpi

Actually it's a little frightening

#38     Aug 1, 2003
  9. entire quote, kept in context

#39     Aug 1, 2003
  10. that depends on what one assumes is her purpose.

#40     Aug 1, 2003