What Works in Trading & Why: Part II: CENSORSHIP

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by 2manywhiners, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Just thought I would post NoiseTrader's next thread for him...

It's called "I'm an ET Sponsor. I buy CENSORSHIP."

For the very few of you who caught the deleted posts of mine before they were deleted, you'll find this funny.

Yeah. that's right. I got censored for saying one word. BLAH

I'm not skitting you. This is ridiculous!

But tell me...

What do you think?

2. My post got deleted for asking if his name began with a J ... LOL!

3. By the Way...

I'm cut-n-pasting all of my new posts to a notepad file.

If I get edited or CENSORED for juvenile reasons, I'll be re-posting them. ALL of them. REPEATEDLY.

4. NoiseTrader's?

This is whack.

5. chud

chud

Quit whining.

6. im betting that baron has the power to win this contest.

7. Choad

Choad

Seems like what works in trading to some folks, is selling shovels to the gold miners.

Otherwise, why would someone with incredible, profitable, super-experienced, wonderful trade ideas and insight EVER sell it???

Why wouldn't they just trade the heck out of it and make SAC look like a pauper?

Ghandi complex? Mother Theresa leanings?

Yeah I know - they just get a kick out of helping - they are looking for other streams of income - yadda yadda. Nothing wrong with trying to make a buck, but let's just tell it like it is.

[countdown to censorship/banning...5, 4, 3, 2...]

Good trading to all. While I'm still here, anyway.

8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

To make more money.

9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Your post got deleted because it was stupid and added zero to the thread.

10. Choad

Choad

I do understand the whole time-honored Wallstreet Guru Selling Stuff and Sponsorship thing. Really. We all gotta make some bux!

And I have bought plenty of books from plenty of Gurus, but the constant drumbeat here of "Step right up folks. Don't be shy. You sir - you look like a smart trader - come over here. I have great ideas and market wis-dumb that make people money..." can be a bit grating.

99.99% of public info is fairly worthless beyond the usual trading psych and money management advice, which you can get for $25 or less at the Amazon used book dealers.

And the private info is very valuable, and probably illegal, and 99.99% of the trading public won't see it. At least in time to make some money.

From Cramer to Siegel and Williams to LBR, you are on your own if you want to make more than the averages. Following guru's tips and advice won't do it, or at least, not for long. The debate over why people would sell golden advice goes on. One thing seems sure - making a decent sum from trading is difficult. It's much easier to sell stuff.

Sure, great athletic coaches rarely are able to be great players. But that is athletics, not trading. Athletics is physical (I know a lot is mental prep, but mental prep won't make you 6'9"). Trading is mental. IMHO great traders should be trading and printing money. Yeah they can write a book or two, but spending a huge amount of their time on a daily tip service is suspect.

#10     Apr 14, 2006