What will you do to protect yourself against the upcoming destruction of the dollar?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, May 23, 2009.

1. Uhhh, I still have 18 100lb bags of fiber for sale. MRE's and peanut butter will bind you up. You need to feel your best during the apocalypse.

I was banned from this board for telling the moderator he was full of shit.

http://www.irritable-bowel-syndrome.ws/citrucel.htm

#21     May 23, 2009
  2. you only need to store food up if you expect that you dont have a set of skills that someone else can use during the said "apocolyptic" time.

Always remember that "he who has the gold makes the rules" That being said, "if" there was an apocolypse and the government vanished, their would be people in your neighborhood that stored up gold that will then use that gold to hire YOU and other people to do jobs such as protect him, farm his land, go to market and sell his goods and stuff like that. It would basically be 100s or even 1000s of "mini" governments all over the country that would slowly join each other until we had a massive government again.

So the question is....do you want to be the slave, or the master. Costs you nothing to move your money into gold and protect yourself. Costs you everything if you dont.

#22     May 23, 2009
  3. You're preaching to the choir.

#23     May 23, 2009
  4. Susana is the sharpest tool in this shed.

I'll go bolder than Susana, however, cuz' that's how I roll.

The dollar will be best in show.

Granted, the show may be infected with scabies, and the dogs turned into mangy mutts, but it will be best in show nonetheless.

#24     May 23, 2009

5. Brilliant analogy, I'm with you, Susana and the currency trader Eric dude's analysis. Oh, and the moon pie guy, a box of those things would taste just as delicious if it were dug up in the next millenium.

#25     May 23, 2009
  6. LOL that because the only thing worth eating out of half those MREs was the peanut butter.:D

#26     May 24, 2009
  7. People can say owning gold related items is a bad idea or the dollar won't collapse so much. As long as my mining stocks keep going up, I'm fine either way.

#27     May 24, 2009
  8. I hear they've improved the taste but I don't plan on finding out.

I think it's good to plan for emergencies but some people take this way to far.
    I bet they're disappointed everyday that they see the sun on the horizon, instead of a mushroom cloud.

That's the way it goes...

#28     May 24, 2009