What will you do if you don't succeed in trading?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Anon314159, May 17, 2006.

1. Thanks Nutsojob.......

I'm glad someone appreicated it.:D :D :D

#21     May 18, 2006
  2. pbw

pbw

"Over 90% of the people who attempt to earn a living from trading fail in this endeavor."

How accurate is this quote. Are there statistics to back it up. It's often used, but I would be intersted in knowing some real figures with reliable statistics.

#22     May 18, 2006
  3. "Over 90% of the people who attempt to earn a living from trading fail in this endeavor"
    Does this statistic include people who try a little bit of trading, say a few months, to see how it goes? Or does it include only those who are making a serious, hard effort, say over a couple of years? My guess is that it's just one more useless statistic.
    Also, who in their right mind would give up a regular job, to trade full time, unless they had a proven track record? The example given by the original poster is therefore a little unrealistic and silly, but some of the replies are funny and entertaining, lol.
    Daddy's boy

#23     May 18, 2006
  4. better give it a go than live with the thought that u never had the balls methinks... what matters is not so much what u r not good at... if u suck at trading, chances are u'll be good at / enjoy being successful at sales, or sthg else...

#24     May 18, 2006
  5. if failure is in your mind you have already lost the game....go work in the post office. yah bunch of pansies :D

#25     May 18, 2006

6. same thing most of the losers do,

go elsewhere and succeed!

not to difficult, you know...

unfortunately, too many failures occur, not because of the person but because of the methods of the particular company they have associated with!

hence, one can return to their prior success that gave them the initial bug in the first place and ramp that method up or they can learn another method that works, just not work with the firm where they failed at....

so its not so bad afterall!

PM me with your success stories (all rights reserved and privacy respected)

what ever you do, avoid any company where you run across Gary Mednick, Robert Malin, Linus Nagibwe and any other associated person with Onsite or AB Watley.

#26     May 18, 2006
  7. GS19

GS19

Sell Insurance

#27     May 18, 2006
  8. You could also get into mentoring.

#28     May 18, 2006
  9. Yeah but I wasnt profitable from the beginning or anything. I started off just like everyone else, but I did not allow myself to fail. I spent countless hours figuring out how the game is played (intraday) and also on improving myself in order to fit better with how the markets work. Your right though, maybe not everyone can make it in this business (certain psychological issue will def make it hard). I just feel that its really about how tough of a person you are to overcome an environment that is set up to have you fail.

And btw I am "fairly" (I use this term lightly) successful now but certainly dont take anything for granted, I'm always concerned about improving and learning more. Its not like once you know how to make some money, you just put things on autopilot. Its a constant struggle.

#29     May 18, 2006
  10. Wait for the next bull market

#30     May 18, 2006