What will you do, if you are the only trader in the stock?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by qll, Jun 16, 2006.

1. LMeyers

LMeyers

Famous last words. :D

#11     Jun 16, 2006
  2. I thought by law all trades have to be posted to the tape.

Then again with the AMEX, I wouldn't be surprised with more rule violations........

#12     Jun 16, 2006
  3. qll

qll

what i meant for 0 risk is "0 risk of losing in trading" because i always take a long position first then close it. The only case, that wil not work is it dropped below my purchase price, then i just move this position into my "INVESTING" position, and break even for this "TRADING" position. so there is "0 risk of losing in Trading". Once those shares are in the investing postions, it is handled by a totally different method, which is basically a resale of part of the company. When you do that long enough, and profit margin is great enough, constant cash flow is stable enough, the risk becomes zero. It is similar to a business I know - selling prepaid credit card to people with no or bad credit. Charge $350 for a card with $300 limit. What risk can you think of?

New to here does not mean a newbie to stocks. 0 risk exists depending how you manage it. 0 risk of losing money in portfolio does not mean 0 risk of losing money in one stock. 0 risk of losing in 1 year, does not mean 0 risk of losing in 1 week. Otherwise, there won't be many people doing what you and I do.

Again, I am simply asking a question. No pushing any 0 risk idea to anyone.

#13     Jun 16, 2006
  4. jho

jho

Ohh I understand now ... you're using the "denial strategy".

So you hang on to your losers until they come back? Praying it will come back doesn't usually work, the stock gods are harsh.

But hey if it's been working for you by all means keep doing it.

And to answer your original question ... I will pick option 5) Don't take a position in a stock with no liquidity.

#14     Jun 16, 2006
  5. "What will you do, if you are the only trader in the stock?"

If you are the only trader in the stock, wouldn't you have to keep buying to make the price go up? What are you going to do when you try to unload your position.

This thread is very bizarre.

#15     Jun 16, 2006
  6. And the weekly award for most idiotic post on EliteTrader.com is....................

Whoever created this thread..... congratulations, WTF were you thinking? :p :cool:

#16     Jun 16, 2006
  7. He's the "market maker". :D

#17     Jun 16, 2006
  8. When the market turns sour you'll be wonder who will be willing to buy yor shares and at what price, IMO.

Better to limit yourself to about 5% of avg daily volume. I'll admit to having owned 100% of a day's volume of some stocks, but its hell to get out if things aren't positive foir that stock, and it can take about 5 days to exit.

#18     Jul 18, 2006
  9. Have you considered painting the tape?

#19     Jul 18, 2006