What will Obama "Change"? What particular "Hope" does he offer?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Wow, so you're going to take OC, with the second most expensive housing market in the entire US, and compare it against LA county and draw a conclusion.

Fascinating. How dishonest did you have to be with yourself when you were typing this?

#41     Aug 27, 2008
  2. I don't get it, you're a capitalist kind of guy who seems to advocate capitalism with no moderation and no restrictions -- what's wrong with people paying whatever they can get away with?

#42     Aug 27, 2008
  3. #43     Aug 27, 2008
  4. Fair enough, thanks for the reply.

#44     Aug 27, 2008
  5. Was it not your implication that somehow blue states are "smarter" than red?

I was only pointing out that the “red” counties within those blue states are invariably where the better educated folks live. Illinois is considered bluer than blue although in reality only the city of Chicago is particularly democrat and Chicago has by far the lowest HS graduation rate in the state. The same dynamic is present nationally. Dem's will point out that those with graduate degrees more often vote left but as we both know advanced degreed folks often teach and educators being public employees vote their civil servant paychecks no differently than if they were a less educated postal carrier.

In CNN's 2004 exit poll data: Those with some college favored Bush by 8pts and Bush out polled Kerry by 6 pts among college grads. Those married with children among all races went for Bush by 19pts!

Income breakdowns were the real hoot.

Under $15,000 (8%)
    Bush 36%
    Kerry 63%

$15-30,000 (15%)
    Bush 42%
    Kerry 57%

$30-50,000 (22%)
    Bush 49%
    Kerry 50%

$50-75,000 (23%)
    Bush 56%
    Kerry 43%

$75-100,000 (14%)
    Bush 55%
    Kerry 45%

$100-150,000 (11%)
    Bush 57%
    Kerry 42%

$150-200,000 (4%)
    Bush 58%
    Kerry 42%

$200,000 or More (3%)
    Bush 63%
    Kerry 35%

#45     Aug 27, 2008

6. Actually your premise is that blue counties have a higher dropout rate than red counties, and to prove it you compared one of the richest counties in the entire nation to one of the poorest.

Astonishingly dishonest, but clearly you are lying to yourself about it and seeking statistics that support you. I'm just wondering if you are aware that you are lying to yourself.

If you do that in the markets and lose objectivity like that I would expect that you're probably doomed.

All this to prove that because Obama was once in the Illinois Senate, he is somehow (?) responsible for the Chicago school board. (Don't ask me, I'm only typing here.)

Actually when you adjust for annual income by state, the states with the poorest school performance (and lowest incomes) are... red states. And unlike counties, states reflect the philosophy of their state leadership, and their policies. (Yeah, I know, it seems obvious to me that state leaders lead states and not counties.)

Not sure what this all proves, but I'm sure you'll explain it to us below.

Not sure what this proves, if it's even true. I suppose most people who live in trailers support the Republicans.

So in exit polling, those who say they vote Republican say that they have a university education. Why am I not surprised...

Clearly they were a hoot, that in exit polling people who are Republicans state that they make a lot of money.

Hey, even though this is unverified by other data, it might even be true. But the important thing is that it makes you feel good to read it and type it.

Someone once said that Fox News is ego gratification masquerading as news.

You seem to like that.

#46     Aug 27, 2008
  7. A truly competitive athlete doesn't believe in cheating. I'm not playing against humanity I'm playing against myself. Besides until we stop dying at 80 and start being able to take it with us I see no reason to exploit others for an extra dime. And believe me it's no mystery that some of the biggest self serving douchebags in American life are Democrats. Those who lack an internal moral compass are the first to think everyone else is also
    unscrupulous and then extrapolate that only Big Brother can save us from the horrors of individual depravity.

They miss the truism that that a crowd of men (institutions) are more dangerous and insensitive than any single man.

#47     Aug 27, 2008
  8. Oh yeah?

I have completely lost count of how many times democrats said that Mac supports 100 years of WAR in Iraq. Something he NEVER said. He mentioned a relationship similar to Japan or Germany where no one was getting injured. But NOOOO. Dems came on by the dozens and said Mac wants 100 years of war. Pathetic.

They didn't stop doing it until even the liberal press got on their asses about it because it was so completely out of context.

I have yet to see republicans do anything that blatantly false.

#48     Aug 27, 2008
  9. Someone who thinks that a Party which receives 90% of the black vote, 70% of the Latino vote and only 40% of the white vote is the more educated party is the one who is lying. I'm not saying that blacks are less intelligent than whites but for you to argue they're more educated than whites is a dishonest, flawed argument. Show me the data. Since the only relevant sample is dependent upon polling which I provided and since you dispute CNN's 2004 exit polling this will go no where.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/US/P/00/epolls.0.html

http://michellemalkin.com/2004/11/03/red-and-blue-america/

#49     Aug 27, 2008
  10. What parallel universe are you living in?

Please show me where the Dems said McCain supports 100 years of WAR. Give me a link. He supports a potential presence of up to 100 years provided that there are no American casualties. But it is America's (as well as other countries') very presence in Iraq that is contributing to the instability. Therefore, as long as you have Americans there, you are very likely to have American casualties there.

You never saw Republicans do anything blatantly false? You must be kidding. Is that why Obama's web site has a specific section to counter the lies about him?

http://factcheck.barackobama.com/

Does McCain have or need such a section on his web site? (No.)

As for the Republican's handiwork, let me direct you to two funny (in a tragicomedy sort of way) and informative books written by a self-proclaimed liberal about the orchestrated attack on the truth by the Republicans. Specifically, I refer to Al Franken and his book Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them. This book covers the unconscionable smear campaign perpetrated against Gore by the Republicans leading up to the election in 2000. It will floor you. And while you may not agree with Franken's views or his interpretation of the facts, the book included a complete bibliography for ready reference and verification. Similarly, his subsequent book, The Truth (With Jokes), outlines the orchestrated smear campaign against Kerry, who refused to stoop to the thug tactics of the Republicans. Again, complete with bibliography for verification of the facts.

I still can't believe you wrote that you have yet to see the Republicans do anything blatantly false. Don't ever lose that sense of humor.

#50     Aug 27, 2008