What will Obama "Change"? What particular "Hope" does he offer?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Aug 26, 2008.

1. If Obama is so great why since 3/03 has their been almost as many murders within a 10 mile radius of his home in Chicago as combat deaths in Iraq?

Why does Chicago have the highest sales tax in the U.S.?

Why do only half of Chicago high school children graduate from it's 11% white public school system?

Has Obama even once publically criticized the corruption of Chicago's Democrat political machine?

Why are murders in Obama's Chicago up 20% this year? Should not Chicago blacks be laying down those prohibited firearms in anticipation of the coming urban utopia brought about by hope and change?

Why was Obama's most prominent donor (Rezko) one of Chicago's biggest slum lords? Why did Obama lobby on behalf of Rezko to the detriment of the poor who live in Rezko properties?

#21     Aug 27, 2008
  2. I'm going to be characteristically blunt. You are not an American. You know next to nothing about America. You're not a tax payer in America. I AM a taxpayer in both Canada AND America and I don't beef that my risk subsidizes YOUR social programs. Render unto to Caesar. In fact in ultimate irony I can receive better yield on Canadian oil than U.S. oil because Canada taxes “Big Oil” less than us. So since you have no direct stake in America-I don't even know if you pay taxes in Canada on those losing 1 lot NQ trades-why don't you just SHUT THE FUCK UP!

You act all high and mighty about guys like me not wanting to pay additional taxes to fund crime ridden minorities yet you live in a country that's 2.5% black and 0.7% Latino. Honestly, GO FUCK YOURSELF you miserable, loser pos.

#22     Aug 27, 2008
  3. How are those anger management classes going Adolph?

#23     Aug 27, 2008
  4. CAUTION: Beware of Republicans offering to show you a clearer picture by wiping the window with a dirty rag.

Here is a response from another site that directly addresses your accusations:

...As for Rezko, sure, he supported Obama, just as he supported dozens of other politicians - Republicans and Democrats alike - but there were never any strings attached; Rezko never once asked Obama for anything. In fact, just the opposite: apparently Obama vociferously objected to Rezko's proposed gambling interests while in the Illinois Senate. Furthermore, the Chicago papers have investigated and searched for the supposed political landmines for years and have concluded "there's no there there." Read the Chicago Trib's 3/16/08 op-ed (that's the conservative paper, by the way):

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-0316edit1mar16,0,2616801.story

#24     Aug 27, 2008
  5. Your O'Reilly shtick is spot on. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were coming on to me.

As an aside, it still remains a shock that your run for public office wasn't successful. Perhaps if more like minded people coalesce, and provided that you can find enough white sheets for everyone, then you might well have another sporting shot. (Assuming, of course, that they don't impose a spelling or grammar test.)

#25     Aug 27, 2008
  6. Get a clue. From the Chicago Sun-Times which is a VERY pro-Obama newspaper.

"As a state senator, Barack Obama wrote letters to city and state officials supporting his political patron Tony Rezko's successful bid to get more than $14 million from taxpayers to build apartments for senior citizens.

The deal included $855,000 in development fees for Rezko and his partner, Allison S. Davis, Obama's former boss, according to records from the project, which was four blocks outside Obama's state Senate district.

Obama's letters, written nearly nine years ago, for the first time show the Democratic presidential hopeful did a political favor for Rezko -- a longtime friend, campaign fund-raiser and client of the law firm where Obama worked -- who was indicted last fall on federal charges that accuse him of demanding kickbacks from companies seeking state business under Gov. Blagojevich."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/425305,CST-NWS-obama13.article

Or:

"During his 12 years in politics, Sen. Barack Obama has received nearly three times more campaign cash from indicted businessman Tony Rezko and his associates than he has publicly acknowledged, the Chicago Sun-Times has found.

Obama has collected at least $168,308 from Rezko and his circle. Obama also has taken in an unknown amount of money from people who attended fund-raising events hosted by Rezko since the mid-1990s

But seven months ago, Obama told the Sun-Times his "best estimate" was that Rezko raised "between $50,000 and $60,000" during Obama's political career. "

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/432197,CST-NWS-obama18.article

#26     Aug 27, 2008
  7. I'm sure that, in due course, the Republican machine will unearth and magnify everything they regard about Obama as unsavory. Let's see how it all plays out.

Meanwhile, Pabst, please be advised that my opinion of you has substantially diminished as a result of a number of our more recent exchanges. I thought I would be able to overlook some of your digressions, including your preposterous admission about using Fibonacci ratios, but things have added up and gone a bit too far.

No more Mr. Nice Guy.

#27     Aug 27, 2008
  8. I'm sure the editors of the Chicago Sun-Times-a paper that to the best of my recollection hasn't endorsed a Republican in my lifetime-would laugh their asses off at being described as the "Republican machine." Whatever.

And yea my technical work sux. I traded as small as HUMANLY possible today (10 ES a side and 1 CL) and still made 2800 off of fibs. Keep tick fucking NQ. You'll be in my league in no time.

#28     Aug 27, 2008
  9. By "Republican machine," I was referring to McCain's campaign gang. They will, no doubt, bring forth every "unsavory" tidbit about Obama in bite-sized portions that even the hardcore Republican base can chew and swallow as instructed. And, as I said, let's see how it plays out.

Thank you for the unsolicited insight into your trading frequency and size. However, please be assured that there is so much I don't want to know about you. I'd prefer to keep the mystery alive.

#29     Aug 27, 2008
  10. Of course, I meant transgressions.

#30     Aug 27, 2008