What will Jim Cramer say tonight? PART II

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cszulc, Sep 29, 2008.

What will Jim Cramer say tonight?

1. "I told you all this was coming, and I've been calling a bear market ALL YEAR!"

30 vote(s)
    44.1%
  2. "Time to Buy Puts" (this is the episode where he recommends his viewers to buy higher volatility)

4 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. "SELL EVERYTHING! Dow 9,000 Tomorrow"

16 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. "BUY BUY BUY, THIS IS THE BEST BULL OPPORTUNITY"

18 vote(s)
    26.5%
  1. What will Jim Cramer say tonight? PART II

thats easy, the same thing he sez everynight.

for modus operandi insights, see below link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P._T._Barnum

150 years later, and the famous words are truer than ever.

#21     Sep 29, 2008
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Talked about Dow 8200-8400. He should have been calling this a year ago not after the fact the Dow has dropped nearly 4000 points. When he says something the opposite usually occurs. He was hyping oil and energy stocks in mid 2008 and what happened??? Dow 10k is coming probably even Dow 9000. I don't know about 8400.

#22     Sep 29, 2008
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Agree. IMO this may be announced in the next few days, and if so it could spark a huge market rally (especially if done after even more selling).

Let's face it, who right now isn't pulling money from all but the safest institutions? Even small sound banks could suffer runs. Once one or two get in the papers, the whole house of cards could go down just like 1932-33.

If you run a fractional reserve system, you have to backstop it when it hits crisis. Otherwise you shouldn't have been running it at all.

#23     Sep 29, 2008
  4. cramer called a bottom in financials a few weeks ago.

#24     Sep 29, 2008
  5. If you consistently go against cramer's picks and hold them around a week-2 you will profit. He is a hugely eternal bull and he has displayed his exact same problem that he wrote about in his biography when he almost blew his entire hedge fund because he wouldn't sell or short anything until literally the last day of the recession.

I imagine that wall street is filled with around a million cramers seeing how the present state of our economy is.

That video is absolutely hilarious as well from Port. Go to around 8:50 and watch cramer talking about technical analysis. It's priceless.

#25     Sep 30, 2008
  6. That's a dreadful idea. FDIC can't even cover the $100k limit and stay solvent - this would add yet another enormous unfunded liability to the gov't books.

And it sends exactly the wrong moral hazard message to depositors - instead of requiring people to actually think about where they put their money, they can continue chasing the highest deposit rates or lowest credit card rates or other market distorting activities with complete disregard for their own safety knowing all the other taxpayers are on the hook.

The exact opposite should happen - to clean up banking, reduce the FDIC limit to $10k.

Hell, 90% of the population doesn't have more than that anyway.

That is exactly what SHOULD happen. Otherwise banks have no incentive to be safe.

#26     Sep 30, 2008
  7. That's the problem. They make predictions. When they are right they shout about it for years to come.

When they are wrong...they imply forgt about it and make a new one. Joke

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happened to that July 15 "bottom"?

#27     Sep 30, 2008
  8. Good analysis.

I agree 100%

#28     Sep 30, 2008
  9. Within a few short weeks, all banks - regardless of how 'safe' you might think they are - would be holding very few money in deposits as depositors see a total wipeout around every corner and will rather place everything they have in either T-Bills at 0% yield/gold or withdraw cash, thus completely diminishing the ability of banks to do business.

Is it in the interest of tax payers that banks close up shop and put 'on vacation until further notice' signs in their windows like in the 30s?

The tax payers (should) have every interest in a well-operating banking system. But it seems the (completely misplaced) Schadenfreude is the greater joy for the moment.

#29     Sep 30, 2008
  10. I'm sure Shattenfreude is the word that comes to mind when these CEOs who created the bubbles are walking out with millions. Do you have data that the common man is putting their money in treasuries? That deposits are falling at a rapid pace?

#30     Sep 30, 2008