What will I be shorting?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by chaykapwr, Dec 1, 2011.

1. N54_Fan

N54_Fan

Shhh...its proprietary... If he tells you he will have to kill you.

All joking aside,..if your "edge" is that small that others knowing what your "edge" is would ruin it then I would suggest it is not much of an edge at all.

#21     Dec 16, 2011
  2. Would you really expect me to divulge my strategy which took me over a year to formulate ? And if your "edge" was so large , then you wouldn't be worried about me divulging mine.it would be irrelevant.

This site is fucked seriously...if your call fails then you are ridiculed for not being a serious trader but if its right then you are ridiculed for not giving up every aspect of yge strategy

#22     Dec 16, 2011
  3. I'm not trying to ridicule you or get you to tell me your strategy, I just don't understand how people calculate "this trade has the % chance to make this % increase"
    Granted I'm not a sophisticated trader but if I get into a trade, pullbacks, fade, or whatever, I'm hoping for a move in my favor but I have no clue how to calculate those odds.
    Your trade is a good trade.

#23     Dec 16, 2011
  4. N54_Fan

N54_Fan

1. No one is ridiculing you. In fact I congratulated you. If you cant take a simple jab about it then you are the one with the issue.

2. I have no problem talking about my system that took me 4 years to develop.

3. YOU started this thread. Usually when people start a thread it is to DISCUSS a topic and not just make a statement...I am shorting IBM. It just soinds like you want a pat on the back if you were right.

#24     Dec 16, 2011
  5. 1. you said "all joking aside..." and then went on saying that anyone who does not divulge their strategy must be doing so because their edge must be small. Implying either A. my strategy is not time tested or B. i have insecurities which prevent me from discussing the mechanics of my strategy.

2. If you wish to outline your system that is fine, but frankly I would not waste my time/energy reading it because it offers me very little to no benefit.

3. I started this thread for a discussion of IBM. I.e. what people were with or against my trade. For example, you went against my trade and everyone can see how that turned out.

#25     Dec 16, 2011
  6. N54_Fan

N54_Fan

Actually, yes they could see that both were profitable. Whose was more profitable is a matter of debate because on a per share basis yours obviously is. But based on where you likely placed your stop loss mine was probably as profitable or possibly more so. But since you do not divulge anything about stops or anything else for that matter, no one knows. So assuming we both risk the same % of capital per trade and you have wider stops you would have to have WAY FEWER shares. In fact it was already pointed out that you are describing a trade to risk $25 and make $17. Hardly the typical way to trade. As for wanting to "start a thread for a discussion of IBM"...well you DID NOT DISCUSS anything. You said " I am shorting ..." but failed to say why. NOT even a vague reference to S/R or inidcators or price action or fundamentals or economy or sentiment or ANYTHING. So how is that a thread to DISCUSS IBM??? Lastly, it is also obvious that you add to losing positions and everyone can decide for themselves how wise that is.

Again, the reason I asked about your methods in the first place is not because I think I dont have an edge of my own but because it intrigued me that you would call a 10% drop of a stock AFTER you expected it to rise another 7-15%. It didnt make sense, and STILL doesn't because you will not discuss it in YOUR OWN THREAD.

You are just a little too sensitve and quite frankly at this point I could really give a shit anymore as my methods work just fine. This thread has been a COMPLETE waste of time, energy, and bandwith.

#26     Dec 16, 2011
  7. still holding. Looks very good so far

#27     Dec 21, 2011
  8. Another winner :)

#28     Jan 13, 2012
  9. Update:

got to my major zone and has since fallen >10%

Take note Volente

#29     Jun 1, 2012
  10. [​IMG]

#30     Jun 1, 2012