What will happen to Apple when Steve Jobs calls it quits?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Dec 17, 2008.

1. These rumors I am hearing now are credible. Steve Jobs will quit in the next few months to be with family.

I support Apple and their products, but cant help to think that much of Apple's stock price was inflated by the presence of Steve Jobs.

Imagine a popular bar in your area who has a great bartender. A personality that people desire and want. Imagine if that bartender suddenly quit. Sure they would still serve the same great beer, but it just wouldnt be the same.

As the reality of Jobs quitting becomes more real, then the price should see further weakening. Usually, when the actual press release comes out many other investors knew of the news way before and had that chance to sell.

**However, those who choose to wait for official confirmation will get stuck in a wild water-fall selloff and the price will surely never return to those levels for several years if ever.**

You can either sell off right now at a loss or sell off later and experience much greater losses. Choice is yours to make.

#31     Jan 1, 2009
  2. The last time he left they were glad to get rid of him. When he came back Apple was on the ropes so bad nobody even cared who the prez was and no one wanted the job.

Jobs got lucky with his itunes gimmick and that took them off on the tangent that created so much success with Ipod, Iphone etc.

#32     Jan 1, 2009
  3. link? yea I thought so.

#33     Jan 1, 2009
  4. wickcity

wickcity

So your the one.

#34     Jan 1, 2009
  5. Steve's letter to everyone was a nice pump job, but the truth is still that he is having problems. I dont think he will make it by year end.

#35     Jan 10, 2009