What will happen to Apple when Steve Jobs calls it quits?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Dec 17, 2008.

1. nitro

nitro

When Jobs dies, it will be a loss for the entire country. What a dream his life has been, imo. THere isn't a geek that doesn't admire him, if only secretly.

Sadly, I agree with most on this thread that say AAPL will get hammered on that event [I nor my partners have a position in APPL.] Where to I don't know, but down it will go. People don't understand, to this man AAPL isn't some sort of company that he works at to appease his shareholders. He leaves eats breathes bleeds AAPL. It is like one of his children to him. Without that iconoclastic lighthouse guiding the ships, gawd, just look at the history of AAPL when he left for the first time.

When SJ dies, I will only make one statement other than RIP because this defines what makes AAPL unique:

#21     Dec 28, 2008
  2. AAPL will get hammered once his terminal illness is CONFIRMED, but at this point, he or the company has confirmed nothing, right? Please post a link if I am wrong. Obviously he's sick, but he's said nothing about a remission as far as I know.

#22     Dec 29, 2008
  3. Jobs does not need to die, apple=sony post walkman. 20 years of going nowhere. Look at the charts...

#23     Dec 29, 2008
  4. [​IMG]

#24     Dec 29, 2008
  5. Apple is not just an Ipod company.

#25     Dec 29, 2008
  6. single digits? apple has like $30 in cash and 0 debt.

#26     Dec 29, 2008
  7. I would not want to hold AAPL. Look how Apple did without Steve Jobs, he literally got on board and got the company up to par. Stick in another brain dead short sighted always trying to chase quarterly results instead of long term success CEO to run Apple and they will run it to the ground.

Maybe someone like Ballmer.

#27     Dec 30, 2008
  8. What happend to MSFT when gates called it quits?

I think Jobs out is already priced in.

#28     Dec 30, 2008
  9. Jobs is irreplaceable.

Did you ever hear the term 'key man?'

No insurance company would insure Apple against the loss of value in the event of the loss of Jobs as an active manager of the company; you can't price that loss in according to any calculus.

#29     Dec 30, 2008
  10. The news is out there somewhere among well informed money managers. Look at how the stock did today during a strong day, down 1%. Man oh man. With Jobs now gone, the stock will continue to freefall.

#30     Dec 31, 2008