What will happen to Apple when Steve Jobs calls it quits?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Dec 17, 2008.

1. topeak

topeak

If Steve Jobs is the driving force for creation of new products and marketing , wouldnt it be fair to say that apple will take a huge price dive until investors are confident someone else can be at the held?

thoughts?

#11     Dec 18, 2008
  2. but he's cured

#12     Dec 18, 2008
  3. #13     Dec 18, 2008
  4. Cesko

Cesko

You are a strange character.
    One look at Jobs and you know he is not well.

#14     Dec 18, 2008
  5. I have a feeling that there will be news right after the new year stating that Steve Jobs is quitting Apple to go off with his family because of his poor health.

Steve Jobs is Apple. If Steve Jobs is gone, then what will happen to Apple? My guess is that there will be an initial 20 point drop followed by a drip drip of selling over the course of 2-3 years with the final price being in the single digits.

#15     Dec 28, 2008
  6. Why do so many people want to see Apple fail?

#16     Dec 28, 2008
  7. It ain't BS. The guy is dying. He will be gone sooner or later. Within the year I would guess.

#17     Dec 28, 2008

8. there is nothing wrong with him. The reason why he is so thin is because he underwent a complicated surgical procedure to cure his cancer that altered his ability to digest food.

#18     Dec 28, 2008
  9. I guess you should have sold all your appl stock when you had a chance. I suspect you are so far underwater now you can't bring yourself to sell it at a lost.

#19     Dec 28, 2008
  10. Steve Jobs is Apple. If the rumors are true about his health, then he doesnt have much longer. He already announced that he will no longer appear at the macworld conference. What does that mean? No more new products coming out or is Steve Jobs finally done.

The way the stock has been trading I think Steve is calling it quits. Usually the smart money gets out first causing the stock to drift downward. Then the news is announced and it will get a 20 point haircut in a day while the suckers panic sell their apple shares.

When Apple finally capitulates into the single digits, it might just be a good buy once again.

#20     Dec 28, 2008