What will be the catalyst to cause the markets to drop?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by tommo, Sep 17, 2010.

1. I have no problem with that but how about a 1% pullback -- when shit like this happens you get a flash crash - up up up up is not healthy for the markets -- levels need to be tested.

#21     Sep 17, 2010
  2. I think if something drastic were to happen, it would have to be something nobody expects. Excessive money printing is well known and won't cause some type of crash. It would have to be something unexpected such as some type of major unforseen bankruptcy, parabolic oil prices, etc.

#22     Sep 17, 2010
  3. Ah so now it makes sense. You are playing the million years cycle.

I've heard of the markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent but....

#23     Sep 17, 2010
  4. The whole world is going up up up with inflation. PSE (philippines stock exchange) just broke a new record high yesterday.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/277472/pse-index-closes-record-high-above-4000

Looks like the whole world is going to inflate with us.

#24     Sep 17, 2010
  5. BULL ....everyone thinks the economy is back, pile into the markets and they run back to 13000 or so....then you may have a Crash.

But all in all. IMHO....i think its slowly rangebound chop after the elections, for a while at least.

Nothing is going to make this market sell hard again, IMHO. It's manipulated, twisted and most smart money left two years ago...and they are not coming back anytime soon.

Flash Moves may happen thanks to the QUANTS and BOTS. But thats about it.

#25     Sep 17, 2010
  6. Dinosaurs were wiped out because they had become the dominant species.

Now human beings have become the dominant species.

#26     Sep 20, 2010
  7. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst...

Great Depression II, NWO, Economic Collapse, Mega Volcanoes, Mega Quakes, Mega Tsunamis, Global Warming, Ice Age, Earth Changes, Pandemics, Famines, Global Killer Meteors, Mega Solar Flares, Galactic Equator, Planet X, EMP, Armageddon, Executive Bonuses...

#27     Sep 20, 2010
  8. ammo

ammo

proof that same mortgages were sold in packages multiple times,banks fraudulently processing title documents,getting stuck with millions of unpaid home loans for indeterminate amount of time until the mess can be unwound

#28     Oct 10, 2010
  9. official announcement of QE2

#29     Oct 10, 2010
  10. Larson

Larson Guest

I would not be surprised if this turns into the banking calamity narrowly missed 2 years ago.

#30     Oct 10, 2010