What was your worst slippage?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ddefina, Feb 28, 2002.

1. SEC study on execution time in seconds[rounded down-3.49=3]---------------------------------''100-499 shares,NASDAQ=3-8 seconds-------------------------------------NYSE 16-26 seconds----------------------------------------------------------500-1,999 shares,NASDAQ=17-25 second NYSE=17-28 seconds''Active Trader Mag, April,2001[NASDAQ,3 seconds fill=very large cap,8 seconds=middle cap.....................................................,100-499 shares.:)

#21     Mar 14, 2002
  2. Rigel

Rigel

Murray,
    You're slipping-------------- [back].. into old.......** ("habits"). ^^:D

#22     Mar 14, 2002
  3. Miki

Miki

Rigel, maybe Murray’s keyboard does not have the ENTER key.
    :D

#23     Mar 15, 2002
  4. Aaron

Aaron

*laugh*

I'm dumbfounded by most of Murray's posts. Is there someone inside his head trying to communicate with the outside world?

#24     Mar 15, 2002

5. Or maybe he hit enter once and a trade blew up so now he is afraid to use it when markets are open....

#25     Mar 15, 2002

6. Main Entry: gib·ber·ish
    Pronunciation: 'ji-b(&-)rish, 'gi-
    Function: noun
    Etymology: probably from gibber
    Date: circa 1554
    : unintelligible or meaningless language: a : a technical or esoteric language b : pretentious or needlessly obscure language

#26     Mar 15, 2002
  7. ChrisRT

ChrisRT

Not really slippage, but this story is from 98. I entered an order on ARBA at 108 when I was using "ETrade" for daytrading (first mistake). The stock was falling, falling, falling, 102..No confirmation of my buy. I figured well shit, I guess I got filled on the buy and it's falling and since I can't see anything for confirmation, I will go ahead and put in a sell as I saw it rising back up to 106. Now both orders are in and 20 minutes goes by, still nothing. So I call and guy says, orders never went to the market, want me to cancel them? I say sure, what the hell.

So a week goes by, I wake up to a 8K loss on the unrealized profit/loss and see that they reinstated my sell order (seeing it as a short), but didn't reinstate my buy order. So I call and ask, what the hell? They said, one was limit, one was market. Can't cancel market orders. Price was at 120 or something at this point LOL..after two weeks of going back and forth, I got it all straightened out, and then moved to Castle direct access. It was all so comical how screwed up things could have gotten back then.

Anyway, it's my story.

#27     Mar 15, 2002
  8. Rigel;If I slip back in the old habit of yawning too much before I get through reading charts at night, I walk by starlight for a while.The pattern of walking and starlight helps keep me awake.

#28     Mar 15, 2002
  9. Rigel

Rigel

Nothing finer than a walk on a clear night.

#29     Mar 15, 2002
  10. hey murray: whatever it is that you're smoking, can i have some?
    :D

#30     Mar 16, 2002