what was your Profit/Loss this year?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ashantt, Dec 31, 2010.

1. ashantt

ashantt

Check out the original post, that's where it all began. Cannot wait for Monday AM to get rollin'

#51     Jan 2, 2011
  2. No.Heat

No.Heat

Keep your honesty and your discipline and you'll reach far places.

As far as the previous posts, experience has taught how tough it is to make it in this business and how very few eventually make it; except of course in ET !

#52     Jan 2, 2011
  3. I'm here. About a $1600 loss on a $20k account. Not gonna quit my day job. First year I actually trade actively and had more wins then losses, but since I'm dabbling in selling credit options I had many small wins then got steam rolled by 3 trades. I will continue to learn and read from other successful traders here to make 2011 better.

#53     Jan 2, 2011
  4. Do you mean options based credit spreads?

I currently make my living trading index options credit spreads. I'm extremely interested in knowing about the ones that failed. I think it would help me. If I can, I'll gladly return the favor.

#54     Jan 2, 2011
  5. 35% gain w/ less than 8% max drawdown. Gain/trade/day of .35% on almost 1000 trades so I was well less than fully invested.

#55     Jan 2, 2011
  6. dhays88

dhays88

Up 23.5% for the year. The flash crash wiped away most of my gains at the beginning of the year. It took the rest of the year to get them back. That Thurs was the only day I took off the entire year. When I got home Friday, I liquidated all holdings in my account, and reorganized. Tightening up on my risk management this year. The two dips in November is where I started implementing proper risk management.

#56     Jan 2, 2011
  7. dhays88

dhays88

Up 23.5%. Lost first 4 months of gains when the flash crash happened. Liquidated all holdings the Friday after. Had a leveraged position in AAPL and INTC. Was close to going negative for the year. But regrouped and instituted proper risk management going into the new year.

[​IMG]

#57     Jan 3, 2011
  8. Crazycod

Crazycod

Twelve month return of 83.38%. Best month was May 38.47%. Worst month was October -17.11%.

Good year but more to work on this year especially in reducing the drawdowns and not trying to hit a home run with every trade.

#58     Jan 3, 2011
  9. m.runner

m.runner

My thinkorswim trading results

[​IMG]

#59     Jan 4, 2011
  10. IRA + 78%
    taxable + 36%

#60     Jan 4, 2011