what was your Profit/Loss this year?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ashantt, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Post your returns in % so we know how bad you actually did. =) Losing 10k off a 100k account is not as bad as losing 10k off a 25k account. Same goes with gains. If you made $1 million off a $100 million account, you didnt do so good, but some people think it sounds more impressive if you say you made a million dollars rather than say they made a 1% return. Its a way they trick themselves (or others) into thinking they are better traders than they are.

#11     Dec 31, 2010
  2. Looks like he made a buck to me, too.

#12     Dec 31, 2010
  3. Picaso

Picaso

Down 2,000 USD on a 10,000 USD account.

Not a good year, definitely, an insane number of breakevens (+2, +1 1, 0, -1 ticks), some small losses and a couple of mid-size losses, all within my risk parameters - still, death by a thousand cuts. Didn't overtrade or go on tilt, but found myself freezing again and again and unable to turn a profit. :(

Glad 2010 is over, looking forward to 2011 and making some changes.

Happy New Year everyone!

#13     Dec 31, 2010
  4. Its ok to be clever, but you have to choose your spots carefully.

Ye'ver hear of Excel. Try typing that in.

#14     Dec 31, 2010
  5. Thats not too bad. I lost over $16,000 USD my first year on a $25k account. Lucky for me, that was my worst year.

#15     Dec 31, 2010
  6. -$1.86

and I have open positions.

ES

#16     Dec 31, 2010
  7. 1) Yes :)
    2) Yes :)
    3) Yes but I don't use it. :cool:
    4) I'm going to send $1 to your Paypal account. There! Ya see! You just doubled your annual rate of return. :p

#17     Dec 31, 2010
  8. ashantt

ashantt

Down 40% on a 35K account that's including commissions, fees and net capital trade losses.

Started the year okay day trading stocks but made some really dumb /ES trades when I first discovered futures trading.

I traded for roughly 7 months in 2010 taking 5 months off due to the shellacking I took not to mention the frustration, emotional pain and fear that losing money brings - these emotions I only discovered as a trader, had never experienced them previously in any circumstance.

I've discovered my real breakthrough will come when I learn to trust myself on the trades. Day after day I've watched the price move away from my entry that would have hypothetically made me a profit but there is still fear when it comes to enter the market.

I plan on trading small beginning in 2011 and hope to improve as a trader.

Good trading to all.

#18     Dec 31, 2010
  9. I'll send $2 to your Paypal account. There! Ya see! You're in the "black". :cool:

#19     Dec 31, 2010
  10. better yet...teach me how to make 5 bucks..or I will always need charity..

Thanks Nazz...Have a great New YEAR..

ES

#20     Dec 31, 2010