What was your longest losing streak?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MTI_44, Dec 21, 2006.

1. MTI_44

MTI_44

For about 2 weeks now, I have not had a winning day in a while. The 2 weeks before that I had great percentage gains so that is carrying me over to my 2 negative weeks. I am beginning to get frustrated though but I am not giving up, but I am trying a couple of different new strategies out.

So what was your longest losing streak?

2. did much worse than u. it ended because i gave up aggressive daytrading.

3. 2 months..... 2 long long months.....

maybe use the coming holiday as a break, and come back refreshed in Jan 2007...

4. u need a solid break. pause and reflect, observe patterns and trade sporadically on the best odds...once u get the grip once again then be more aggressive and see how it goes; if it dont work, go back to step one.

5. mskl

mskl

my longest losing streak: over the last seven years is one day. It has happened about 20 times. At least half of those days were the result of an extraordinary event.

There was a time when I didn't have a losing day for about 15 months.

6. MTI_44

MTI_44

Nice. I am impressed.

7. he's one of the aliens prop guys...he dont count.:D

8. mskl

mskl

not a prop guy - retail (IB).

9. if that's really the case, congrats.

10. December has been the pits for me. I am usually a very consistent trader, maybe 7 or 8 positive days for every negative day. I got off to the month on a good note, but have since given back everything in 4 straight days. I am going to take the rest of the month off and come back fresh in 2007.

best of luck

#10     Dec 22, 2006