What was your first car?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gunslinger, Aug 3, 2006.

1. My first car was a Triumph TR7 ragtop. Had the car for about 6 months until I skidded out and hit a telephone poll going 12 mph and totaled it, they dont make cars like they used to.

2. ElCubano

ElCubano

a 1968 bug..semi automatic.. and i remember putting $2.00 of gas at a time

3. copa8

copa8

a used Volvo 760 GLE. it was a money pit (quality-wise), however it was built like a tank. had a taxi (nyc type with extra vertical guards in front of the bumper) once cut me from the middle lane b/c he wanted to beat the red light and make the left turn! not enough time nor distance to fully break, so i rammed him in the rear. his guard/bumper was dented, mine only had some scratches.

4. 1980 Oldsmobile Cutlass.

All sorts of crappy problems with it, including blowing a head gasket when I was going back to college on the NY thruway. Oil...everywhere.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

4 door 69' Chevy Impala which was 8 years old when I got it.

If your looking for a babe magnet, I suggest you steer clear of this model.

6. ....Uhmmm....OK, Im an honest guy so here goes...

I bought a light Powder blue 77 'Cordova" ...with rich corinthian vinyl seats...may be the ugliest car an man has ever had to drive

7. Pabst

Pabst

I definitely considered a TR7 back then (as well as the Fiat 124 Spyder and remember the X/19?). Instead I bought a new '77 Camaro. After the Camaro (about 81) I bought a '74 MGB. That mechanical disaster quickly cured my desire for English sportscars.........

8. LOL!

9. MRWSM

MRWSM

1973 Barracuda, awesome car and I
    still have fond memories of it. For it's time
    it was a good car.
    I know the owner who bought it from me
    and he still has it, and it looks perfect and still runs good. It's probably worth $50,000 now. How many of you can say
    that about a 1970's jap-crap mobile?
    :)

[​IMG]

10. 1969 Chevy Malibu

offenhauser intake (when we put the tunnel ram on there was nitros underneath...shhh do not tell)
    dual quads
    Thrush exhaust
    dual valve springs, triple ground valve seats (one of the push rods broke once)
    ported and polished
    larger bore pistons with something special (on the top) can't remember. hi rise or something or other...
    a clutch that took both feet to depress (chirping was impossible to avoid)
    hurst 4 speed locked inline shifter
    can't remember the cam, but at idle the ground shook, heck just take the thrush off and let the headers pound...(I love that sound)

411's
    m50-15's rear tires (reverse rims (Cragars) and some body work :)) I could still light them up...(but the Cragars would Crack)
    Hole in the hood...

lightened up the body and added a roll bar and did 13's in the 1/4 mile...at the end it really shook...

my mother paid my mechanic to keep the car up on stands and keep me alive. No joke..this is the truth. I worked after high school to buy each part with no help from mom. I was 16 years old. I drove the car for just a few weeks in the garage races in Riverside, CA. somewhere...

I bought a Toyata Starlet after I got the job at the bank...

I have fond memories of those days...The 69 Chevy Day's.....(The Bank was miserable)

The license plate said "I Won You" and no one would race me for pinks.

I am now growing old and am at 47 years old, but I would give anything to build one of those again...Thanks for this thread.

Michael B.

P.S. later on in life the mechanic asked me for some money to open up a garage in Las Vegas, and i gave him some...never asked for it back.

#10     Aug 10, 2006