What was the ***last*** thing you had to master before becoming profitable?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Kovacs, May 27, 2009.

1. themickey

themickey

I read this comment of yours a day or do back and mulled over it.
    I'm a EOD trader who considers some fundamentals including PE's and to be quite frank with you I agree with you 100%.
    It has been my observation the more a cot case a company, the better it is to trade.
    So there, a man sitting on the other side of the fence from you and agreeing :)

#371     Jul 22, 2018
    Windlesham1 likes this.
  2. I can afford to make those comments -it costs me nothing, but we each have to find our own way. For me the greatest help was Van Tharp's one comment- "We trade our beliefs about the market". I get angry when the market makes new highs on a pesonal level as we know the debt far outweighs any of their mythical growth. As a trader I don't care, I trade my own methods, which on balance produce good profits. Beliefs are not truths, and we cannot know the truth of the future, which is what we really want to know!

#372     Jul 22, 2018
    CSEtrader, ironchef and themickey like this.
  3. Beautiful advice!

#373     Aug 6, 2018
  4. GotherL

GotherL

Or people who have 500k in their accounts and trading $500 account challenges. I watched some youtuber do it and it definitely gave me the wrong impression that trading with margin was alright on a small account. Now I know it's only alright when you got like 500k in your account and sell daytrading courses that most likely makes him more money than his trading career.

I am still not profitable yet but I just learned that was my biggest mistake. Hopefully, the next time I trade I'll become a better trader now that I realize and will address this fact. Use to trade 2.5-3x margin on a single trade. Blewup several small accounts $1000 or less that way.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    #374     Oct 7, 2018
  5. PistolPete

PistolPete

Mastering price action was where i became profitable but when i started using Quantitative methods is when my expectancy really exploded and my curve smoothed out significantly

#375     Oct 7, 2018
    Alpha Trader likes this.
  6. @PistolPete would you be kind enough to elaborate “quantitative methods”. Is it a fancy way of saying size positioning or is there more to it. Ty.

#376     Oct 7, 2018