What was the ***last*** thing you had to master before becoming profitable?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Kovacs, May 27, 2009.

1. Humpy

Humpy

Look around and the Funds are offering 5 - 10% annually generally.
    A good trader is expecting to make that in a week and occasionally in a day.
    Of course some managers do better and pocket huge bonuses.

#361     Jul 8, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  2. give a retail trader $4 trillion and you'd get the same return - a profit of $2billion. The banksters still owe trillions-they don't actually make money,they just suck it out of the rest of us

#362     Jul 8, 2018
  3. Humpy

Humpy

It is the Governments/politicians who waste it on the military and overseas adventures.

#363     Jul 9, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  4. ironchef

ironchef

But they explained to me that on a risk adjusted basis, these were superior returns.

#364     Jul 9, 2018
  5. ironchef

ironchef

18 years! It is not luck or bull market if you last this long. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am riding this bull market, so won't know when the ride will be over.o_O

Best to you.

#365     Jul 9, 2018
    CSEtrader and Windlesham1 like this.
  6. I don't get bullish ever- I trade options, so don't care what those imbeciles get up to in their imaginiary p/e ratios and other hilarious fundamentals-BS lifts the market, truth smashes it to bits -I loved 2008

#366     Jul 9, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  7. Humpy

Humpy

Look after YOUR own mind and body and relationships with useful other people and you stand a much better chance of success in life

#367     Jul 21, 2018
    Cassielite, CSEtrader and themickey like this.
  8. Went through this resurrected ever-green thread from the very beginning, here is a quick summary in order of advice frequency, if you are in a hurry:
    - let profits run, add to winning positions;
    - cut losses;
    - never trade on margin;
    - risk management first, always fear about losing everything you have at the moment;
    - turn off TV, don't read forums or follow someone else advice;
    - trading is an art, not a science, focus on discretionary trading, develop your personal skill;
    - learn yourself more than the market.

Nothing new, it's their order that may be important :)

PS: My first idea when I came to trading was betting against the Average Joe. Not "buy what he sells" but follow inverse fundamental principles. I came to almost the same list at the end, which is interesting by itself, especially adding to winning positions at the first place.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    #368     Jul 21, 2018
    TheMordy and CSEtrader like this.
  9. ironchef

ironchef

I trade options too, at the mercy of the market, hell of a roller coaster ride these five years. :vomit:

#369     Jul 21, 2018
    Windlesham1 likes this.
  10. most people don't understand the market except the few insiders so we just do what we can and take money off those ******** lovely fellows build our account and our knowledge base. 1-2% a month is possible with zero drawdowns -I never ever trade naked-though nudity is the default position in my house

#370     Jul 22, 2018